Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stippled Blossoms Live Simply

I've been playing with my Stippled Blossoms stamps again.


I hadn't thought of using these flowers in this type of layout
until I saw this card by Lesley of Always Playing with Paper.

I was demonstrating this stamp with some friends on Saturday
and this what came of it.

I love how easy this is to "paint".
I stamped the solid flower in a very light pink and used
the Stamp-a-majig for placement to overstamp the outline flower
in Regal Rose.

Then I used my Aqua Painter to color the dots.
It shades automatically.
Darlene DeVries has a wonderful video here
if you'd like to watch it done.

I masked the flowers and used the same technique
for the leaves.

The sentiment is a NBUS.

Since I was very recently introduced and invited to join
I thought I'd enter there.

Thanks so much for the visit.

Enjoy!
    **********

Card Recipe
Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Trust God
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose (retired), Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi, Tuxedo Black (Memento), SU Marker (Chocolate Chip)
Paper:  110# Solar White (Neena), Basic Black, Shimmery White
Other: Aqua Painter, SAMJ, Moonshine Sequins (SSS), Simply Scored, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


19 comments:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous. Love the pretty Stippled Blossoms and the sentiment.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is just beautiful and I love the sentiment. I have to watch that video.

Hettie said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie. I just love the layout and the colours on those flowers are gorgeous.
Happy Tuesday
xx

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Bonnie! I love this flower stamp set and it is on my wish list to buy from SU. You also have used my favorite quote which is so true too. Hugs, Brenda

Marybeth said...

Your card is stunning! I have always wanted those flowers and now after watching the video I have to have them. Thanks for the link and beautiful inspiration Bonnie!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Great masking to get the leaves to look exactly right and love the big blooms. Lovely card!
Lynn

Sue said...

This is completely stunning Bonnie its gorgeous! huggles Sue xx

Irish Cherokee said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie. Love the effect the technique creates. loving this card. Jim

Katie Melhus said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie!

Unknown said...

Beautifully placement of the flowers. The coloring is super. Thank you for sharing this wonderful creative art with us.
Blessings, Carole Word Art Wednesday

laurie said...

This is gorgeous, what an awesome card. Really stunning!

Greta said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie! I love 2 step stamping & you've done it to perfection here! Wonderful sentiment stamp, too!

Cynthia said...

Wow, Bonnie, those flowers look like needlepoint!! I really had to look twice on this one! Love that quote too...perfect.

Toni said...

Absolutely gorgeous

MaryH said...

Ooh, ooh...this is so lovely - omgosh, I have those stamps! TFS this beautiful inspiration (will check Lesley too). This is definitely a Bonnie card, so very pretty. Wish I could get in your class! TFS & Hugs!

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie!! Love that stamp!

Deepti said...

Oh my this is so pretty! Great design :)

Loll said...

Love the layout and design ... the flowers look watercolored - so beautiful! Loll xx

Sandy said...

Always so beautiful Bonnie!
Sandy xx