Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Celebrate Today with ATCAS

Here's a super quick and CAS card.


I punched the blossom out of the white card front.
Then I embossed the card front with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder.
I place a scrap of Decorative Paper behind the outcut?
(I'm never sure which is the outcut and which is the cutout.)

I sponged some yellow on the cutout flower and used a brad to fasten it
to the card front and adhered it all to the front of the card.
(Somehow my sponging always looks messy to me. 
Wish I could get the hang of it!)

A fussy cut stamped banner finished it off.

I'm taking it over to 
Addicted to CAS



Simon Says Monday Challenge
says it's a MID-SUMMER challenge.
I've got warm colors and I enjoy the flowers in the gardens.

Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
says EMBOSS IT.
I've got dry embossing on this card.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

That snippet of Decorative Paper will get me into
Pixies Snippet Playground

Pixies Crafty Workshop

I hope that wherever you are you can
Celebrate Today.

Thanks for coming by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Perfectly Penned (retired)
Ink:  Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Marina Mist, Whisper White, DSP
Other:  Blossom Punch, Brad 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

23 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card Bonnie, I like the way you have set the blossom in the aperture and the contrast between the floral scrap and the white. Elizabeth xx

Sue - said...

Great use of snippets Bonnie and your sponging looks fine to me!

Sue said...

Fab card Bonnie it's really pretty..huggles Sue xx

jimlynn said...

Love the look of the patterned paper behind such a bold and beautiful flower! Beautiful card.
Lynn

MaryH said...

Your sponging does NOT look messy at all! Love this pretty floral, and I don't know from outcuts, I just call it the negative part,or the positive part! That dots paper behind the die flower is very cheery & really set off the yellow center. Looked like a flower garden at first glance. Of course you already know I love that Dots EF and all of the above tied in with this beautiful turquoise blue...yummy card. TFS & Hugs

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Bonnie...I love your CAS card!! Perfect colour too!!

scrappymo! said...

Love your pretty layered flower. It looks sponged perfectly to me!!!

Great card Bonnie.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card and summery too. Know what you mean about sponging, but yours ALWAYS looks good.

Brenda said...

Love this card Bonnie! The flower looks so pretty and I love the colorful piece underneath as well as the sponging on the flower. Great card! Hugs, Brenda

Cathy said...

Lovely card Bonnie, I love the pop of patterned paper behind the flower, Cathy x

Di said...

What a clever idea Bonnnie to use the die cut plus the hole it left (my term!!). You sponging looks fine to me - I'm with Sue there!

Thank you for coming to play again - lemonade is in a pitcher under the shade of the playhouse :)

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

It wasn't till I read the wording that I realised exactly how you had made this card! Very clever. I like the colours you have put together. Hugs Mrs A.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I was just thinking that your sponged looked fabulous and wishing I could get the hang of it like you when you said you thought it was messy. Not so!!!! This is a very lovely and simple card. Now that you've mentioned it I never thought about which is the outcut or the cutout before. I'm just going to have to come up with whole new words to not deal with it. Punched piece and the hole. There you go.

laurie said...

The sponging looks good to me too! I like the center of the flower!

Debs Willis said...

What a great idea! Love the finished effect
Hugs
Debs

Cynthia said...

The flower is so cute, Bonnie!! I love the banner too!

Anonymous said...

So lovely! I really like that flower! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :) - Ashli

Greta said...

Oh too cute!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous card, Bonnie. I love the embossing and the awesome sentiment. I would LOVE to have you stop by to play along in our challenges when you are able. Each week is Anything Goes with amazing prizes, and it would a blessing to have you join us.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, so very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Deepti said...

What a cool design, thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

stressfreestamping said...

I love how you layered your flower! That was some of my favorite DSP. :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. :)

jaydee said...

So pretty! I love the pops of colors and the polka dot embossed background. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee