Sunday, July 27, 2014

More Primitive Stars

Rudolph Day is upon us
and I thought it the perfect opportunity 
to share some more of these primitive star cards.

Sarn wants 2 Christmas cards for this challenge.


The first one used some retired Stampin' Up! 
Christmas Designer Series Paper under the out cut.


I used the embossing folder that came with the Bigz die
to emboss this cut out then placed it back in the hole.

I used dimensionals to pop it up a bit so the green would peek out.

You have until the end of the month to play in this challenge.

And since I used quite a few snippets, I'm off to
Pixies Snippet Playground
where I see I won one of the butterfly stamps.
WOOT!

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  More Merry Messages
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  110# Solar White (Neena, Whisper White, DSP (retired), Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
Other:  Sizzix Primitive Star Bigz Die with Embossing Folder, Plaid EF (Sizzix), Square Lattice EF, Holly Punch (Martha Stewart), Red Rhinestones (Stash), Gumball Green Ribbon Snippet 

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



18 comments:

Sue said...

Stunning cards Bonnie! love them..huggles Sue xx

JD/ Jill said...

Very nice job on these Christmas cards!

Darnell said...

Ah, Bonnie, you really rock this star and your designs using it. I love each and every one! The embossing inside the embossing is inspired!! I think Simon Says is having an "emboss" challenge that might still be open ... Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Two super star cards here Bonnie. Love all the embossing.

Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day with your sweet snippet cards.

Hugs, Sarn xx

mamapez5 said...

My first thought was to say stunning cards, and then I saw that Sue had just said the same thing. But stunning is what they are. I love the red star. Kate x

scrappymo! said...

These primitive star cards are lovely...The embossing folders you have chosen are fab too.

Hettie said...

These are fabulous Bonnie. I love how you have used these stars. I may just have to case these.
Hugs
xx

jimlynn said...

BOTH are WOW!!! Stunning cards for Christmas and am loving that wonderful star.
Lynn

MaryH said...

Oh am I loving both of these beauties. The EF's, your DP, and the wonderful way you've added the die cut back into the negative space. That's beautiful AND impressive. The color comb on each card was so very pretty too. Thanks for the Terro info..we just happen to have some of that. (and I know where it is too! found in the current garage cleanup - as was the ant traps we've tried, that the little boogers seem to like). Off to enjoy some of your earlier cards I've missed. Hope you had a terrific wkend, and I'll see you at Rudolph & at Parsnip's playground! Hugs

Greta said...

Oh wow--these are just stunning, Bonnie!

Di said...

Wow Bonnie, two real smashers here! I love that die and how you used a second colour to really make it pop.

Your stamp will be posted ASAP! :)

Hugs, Di xx

Benzi said...

What beauties, Bonnie. I love the dark red star on the first one and the embossed star on the next.

Susan said...

I love both of them! Two very different looks from the same die!

Brenda said...

These are both just beautiful Bonnie! I love that star so much and I love how you have dressed it up in both cards. Fabulous embossing folders too. Love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Sandy said...

That paper is wonderful and your cards are always so fantastic!
Sandy xx

Marybeth said...

Love the shape of the funky stars! Beautiful cards,Bonnie!

Cynthia said...

Congrats on your win!! And I am totally LOVING these cards. I'm probably going to just unashamedly copy them. ;-)

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards made with the large star die-cut. Love the paper used on the first --- so striking with the dark red and white. And love the little peek of green on the second along with the ribbon and holly. Fab designs my friend! Loll xx