Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fresh Daisies and Holly New Technique

Hello crafty friends.

Today I'm sharing a new technique that my friend Karen came up with
and challenged us to use at Splitcoaststampers.

Karen is always trying new ways to use our stamping stuff.

This time she found a new way to swipe our credit cards!


I used the same colors of DOX ink that Karen used because I loved the color combination.

I pressed the ink pads on my craft sheet one at a time, spritzed with a little water,
swiped a used gift card through the ink and dragged it on some Neena cardstock.

After drying the ink, I repeated with the next color and so on.

After I was satisfied with the colors, I squirted some white paint on my craft sheet,
pressed the edge of the gift card in it and pressed it on the design piece.  I did this
several time and got some splotches (I was being messy) and dragged the edge
across and up and down the piece.

For some added contrast, I pressed the edge of the card in my black ink pad and
did some cross hatches with that.

I have a twofer too.



Merry Monday is looking for rustic this week.

so this time I used some neutral Distress inks and left off the paint.

I had finally got the mess of paint cleaned off from the first card.
I think it's magic paint and it duplicates itself.
I squirted a little and swear I cleaned up a whole bottle full!
What a mess!

I found this piece of holly that I'd watercolored and not used
and plopped it on my "barn board".

The sentiment is heat embossed.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Agapanthus (TT)
Ink:   Perfect Plum, Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick, Tumbled Glass (DOX), Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:   Neena, Orchid Opulence
Other:  Fresh Daisies Die (SSS), Rectangle Peek-a-boo Window Die (MFT), Wicker White Acrylic Paint (Plaid), Metal Brads (with prongs cut off)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Christmas Blessings (Verve)
Ink:  VersaMark, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood (Distress), Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Naturals White (retired SU), Basic Black, Neena, Mixed Media
Other:  Holly Berries Die (PB), Koi Watercolors, Real Red Marker (SU), Black EP (SU)


24 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a great effect and so artsy and unique. Lovely choice of colour combinations and loving the freehand extra lines and grids X Rustic looking Christmas card, which is gorgeous X

Brenda in IN said...

I had just watched Karen's instructions and then saw your great card. I love the idea of using the paint after inking up the card. Great idea, Bonnie. Plus, it is a much better way to use a credit card and so much more inexpensive.

Daria said...

Beautiful cards! I love both of them. There are so many wonderful details on the first card, and I love the neutral background on your Christmas card.

Loll said...

Great job with this fun technique, Bonnie. Love your first card with the mix of vibrant colours ... so pretty. Your "barn board" is AWESOME! Love it! xx

Mrs A. said...

What a delightful mess and you didn't even rack up a huge credit card bill making it either!! Hugs Mrs A.

Linda said...

Two awesome cards, Bonnie. Your MM card is so pretty. Love your rustic background. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday. Have a great week.

Barb said...

They are two gorgeous cards Bonnie and I really like both colorways. That sounds a great technique. Barbxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL cards.
Faith

Liz said...

Two gorgeous cards, Bonnie. The technique for the backgrounds is very effective - just beautiful. xx

Doris said...

Love these cards and the effect of the technique. Can't wait to give it a try as soon as I get back from the post office today!

Julia Aston said...

Two great backgrounds using Karen's fun technique over at SCS Bonnie! Love the bright colors on the first - and your Christmas one looks so much like the birch bark - beautiful!! Julia xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Bonnie, and thanks for explaining the technique! Especially love the MM card!!

Christine Alexander said...

love the really bright colours of the first, and the wood effect of the second. Great idea to use it for a Christmas background

pam said...

Wow fabulous background technique Bonnie, love the colours and wonderful layouts.
Hugs Pam x

nancy littrell said...

I absolutely Love both your gorgeous cards using Karen's credit card background technique. TFS Bonnie...Hugs..

Nstiz said...

Those backgrounds are magnificent, Bonnie. You make me want to jump back there and try it right now! Love the gorgeous colors of your first one and I'm crazy about that neutral one- so perfect for any image or die cut. Thanks for always describing your process.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful backgrounds Bonnie, and I love the die cuts you have used over them
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

Love the contrast in look and feel using the same technique but very different colors and images....for sure a twofer.

Susanne Vargas said...

Yes, I saw this technique on Karen's blog but I have yet to try it out! Yours came out beautifully! Love both cards!

Brenda said...

Wow, both cards are just stunning Bonnie!!! I am loving the way you guys are swiping your credit cards. lol Yes, that is one cool technique! Hugs, Brenda

Heather Hopson said...

Your Christmas card is gorgeous. I love what you have done. Very CAS, but shows beautifully. Super Job!

Notes by Nina said...

Both cards are stunning Bonnie, so glad you joined us for MM this week.

Bobby said...

Still haven't made a card with mine but I love the different looks you got using different colors of ink, Bonnie.

BożenA said...

Wow! Both cards are very beautiful, though so different. I love them both. I have to try this technique once ...
BożenA xoxo