Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sketching Heartfelt

Hello out there. Today's card is for the SCS Sketch Challenge this week. I just happened to have a sheet with 4 of these flowers already stamped in the UFO box. Hot dog! Another one finds a home! These flowers are from Heartfelt Thanks, my all time favorite stamp set.


They were stamped in Rose Red (I'm pretty sure. It's been a while.) The centers were stamped in a yellow. I'm not sure which shade. It looked like Daffodil Delight but I just got that color so I know that's not it. But we'll call it Daffodil Delight, ok?

I cut the flowers pieces into squares and matted them with Daffodil Delight that is cut just 1/8" larger. I didn't have any Rose Red card stock and decided to try the Cherry Cobbler. I love this color! It is so rich!

I cut the middle panel out of the Cherry Cobbler, punched the corners with the Scallop Trim Corner punch and matted it on Daffodil Delight.

I found a piece of DSP from the Welcome Neighbor DSP pack left over from Sale A Bration that looked pretty good with the Cherry Cobbler. I matted that in the Daffodil Delight and put it all on a Cherry Cobbler card base.

I took some creative license with the design squares and tipped them. I also put the middle one in the front. I hope that's not taking too much creative license!

I added some gold seed beads to the center of the flowers and a piece of my new Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon. I'm so glad they are offering that. I had wanted some yellow ribbon for quite a while.

I had a flower left over and I really didn't want to put it back in the box. This is what I came up with.

I found a scrap of Daffodil Delight that I had embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder andI used it to mat the design. Can you tell that I used the Color Spritzer Tool with Daffodil Delight & Cherry Cobbler SU Markers to add a little interest to the background of the design? I also used the ticket corner punch on both pieces. It is finished off with a piece of the new Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. I wished for yellow ribbon and, how 'bout that, I got two!

The sentiment is from Watercolor Trio, my second all time favorite stamp set. It is stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink, spritzed, and punched with the smaller of the Large Oval punches. I used the Designer Label punch on some of the embossed Daffodil Delight for a background.

I wish the color showed up better in the picture. It really isn't that orangish looking.

These are a bit brighter than I usually make, but sometimes we need a little brighter. I hope you enjoy it.
Bonnie

No comments: