Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Another Smoosh Technique

When I posted my Merry Monday card with the smoosh technique,
my friend Marybeth told me that Make It Monday
at Papertrey Ink was doing "smoosh" this week.

I went over and watched Betsy's video
and gave it a try.


It was fun!

I used half of a broken stamp case instead of a piece of acetate
and "smooshed" ink spots in the center of it.

Then I spritzed with water and
"smooshed" the paper on the ink.
(I found that the Neena Solar White worked well.)

That's all there is to the background.

I stamped a flower and sentiment 
and the design was done.

Of course I'm going to enter this in the
WATERCOLOR SMOOSHING

Also

GIRL POWER
(Make a card for a girl)

I'm so glad you stopped by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps: Year of Flowers Collection (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Basic Black
Other: Water Spritzer

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted





20 comments:

Marybeth said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie! I thought of you when I made my card because it reminded me of some of the beautiful backgrounds you sent me . Love the vibrant colors!

Darnell said...

Excellent smooshing, Bonnie, and such a pretty choice of colors! Hugs, Darnell

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Bonnie, such beautiful colours and great design.
Pauline
x

jenn shurkus said...

this is so pretty! I love a pretty watercolor background :)

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Very nice card, Bonnie! Your smooshing is so neat and bright. I'll join the challenge later tonight ;)

Sue - said...

Super CAS card with lovely smooshing!

Benzi said...

A broken stamp case, huh? It certainly worked well and your background looks awesome. Beautiful card, Bonnie.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful "smooshed" colours Bonnie, beautiful effect. The black border makes it really stand out.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The smooshed look is very nice. I like the happy bright colors and how they blended a bit but didn't get wonky.

Meghan said...

Just so beautiful Bonnie!

Loll said...

So pretty Bonnie. Love the bright colours. xx

Sarah said...

love your card and colour choices, stunning.x

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and just beautiful Bonnie! :0)

Deepti said...

Gorgeous! Love that color combo :)

Susan said...

Beautiful colours and a great technique - thanks for the link to the video! I'll have to give it a try.

scrappymo! said...

Love this smooshing idea! That is so effective with this wonderful stamp!

MaryH said...

Very artsy & bright colors. Love it! TFS the video link...will be checking that out. This looks like something I should try. Great idea to use a broken stamp case too. Got lots of cd & dvd plastic cases that might work with this! TFS

Unknown said...

I really love this card...and the message, it's just wonderful!

Nancy Penir said...

2 beautiful inks that blended into several colors. Lovely results Bonnie. Also love the blacks against those colors!

Jen said...

oh, i love it!!! wonderful!!:)