Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Feather for Happy Little Stampers

I'm a little late with this announcement.

Somehow the days got away from me.

So maybe it's not news to you.

But I'm excited to announce that

I am now on the


I'll be designing for the CAS team
and I couldn't be more excited!


If you haven't been to the
site, do go take a look.

There are 2 challenges each month (sketch and CAS).  

Next month a Christmas Card Challenge will be added.

The challenges last a month so there's lots of time to participate.

There are also lots of wonderful tutorials and a forum to discuss topics of interest at this site.

It's a free site with lots of information and inspiration.

This month's CAS challenge is


A friend recently gave me some Color Wash Sprays.

This challenge gave me the excuse to pull them out.

I've got to admit, I was a bit hesitant.

They are kind of messy, but not too bad.

I sprayed a scrap piece of watercolor paper.
(I didn't want to waste some good stuff if it didn't work out.)

I had this wonderful feather stamp that was a recent gift from a dear friend.
Thanks again, MH!

It seemed that it was a perfect fit for this sprayed paper.

What do you think?

 

Lots going on this week so I've gotta run.

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Enjoy (PB)
Ink:  Adirondack Color Wash (Stream, Lettuce), Island Indigo
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Island Indigo, Whisper White
Other:  Feather Die (Tattered Lace), Glitter (retired), Stitched Mats Rectangles

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

22 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Huge congrats, Bonnie!!! So happy for you!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Bonnie, congratulations! You'll definitely help to promote this new challenge!

Di said...

Oh well done Bonnie! And I adore your card too.

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

My goodness, this is so beautiful Bonnie! Yes, I would say that this feather was perfect for the sprays! Hugs, Brenda

Marybeth said...

The days are getting away from me too, thought we were going to have all the time in the world as we got a bit older.
Congratulations !!!!! Great way to save and use that beautiful paper , love this feather card Bonnie!

jimlynn said...

So happy to hear this Bonnie! Big congrats on the new team!!!!
Love this wonderful card too. CAS and just perfect! The feather is beautiful.
Lynn

laurie said...

Congrats! you will make a great addition to the DT! Love your card...that feather is gorgeous. Off to check out the challenge!

Marisa said...

Whoo hoo :) Congrats!! Love the sparkle on the feather.

MaryH said...

Aw, it's bloomin' gor-jus! Those sprays & sparkles were just waiting for this feather & WOW...it is amazing. Good for you, and it's perfect placed on all these stitched layers. Bet you'll be using these sprays again - it's fun. Get you some cheap latex gloves at the Dollar store and go to town! TFS & Hugs.

Loll said...

Welcome to the CAS Team at HLS Bonnie!! I'm so excited and happy that you're joining us! LOVE your sprayed beauty ... the glitter accent is so pretty! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations Bonnie - and your card is a stunner - love that feather!
Blessings
Maxine

Pam said...

Congrats, Bonnie! Love your stunning card.

Brenda said...

I forgot to congratulate you Bonnie on your new design team gig! Sorry about that!!! You will be a great asset to this team and I am anxious to see what you make. Hugs, Brenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Congratulations Bonnie on your DT, well deserved. I love your card, beautiful feather and colour.

Deepti said...

Huge congratulations! Love ur card Bonnie and will look forward to rest of ur CAS creations at HLS :)

JoAnn said...

Congratulations on the DT Bonnie. Love your pretty feather card.

Bobby said...

Congratulations on being a Happy Little Stamper, Bonnie. Your feather is lovely all sprayed up like that. Just to let you know I read every word of your blog, it's feather "die" you received, not a stamp. ;)

BożenA said...

Hello Bonnie,
I am a follower of your blog and I am delighted with your creativity. I love your cards. I also really glad that we're in the DT HLS :-)))
hugs,
Bozena

Pat said...

Wow what a beautifully sprayed feather Bonnie, and that Tattered Lace die is so pretty. I love the stitched mat and the white with just the tiniest bit of turquoise card showing behind works so well. I love the complementary stitched edge to the base card too. x

Pat said...

I'm sorry Bonnie but I meant to say congratulations for being chosen for the Happy Little Stampers design team and I look forward to seeing your take on the challenges. x

Greta said...

Lovely design & beautiful use of the mists, Bonnie!

Greta said...

Forgot to say Congratulations on your new DT assignment! They're lucky to have you, Bonnie!