Saturday, November 7, 2015

Vintage Autumn Leaves



When I saw this post by Heather Telford, I was so inspired that
I took some time to play some more with the Vintage Leaves set.

I really like this set!

Then I saw this post by Alexandra
and I knew the layout.

You might say I had a case of the CASE!

The outcut piece was just laying there beside a piece of cardstock
that had been sponged. 

They looked so happy together.

I used my retired Stampin' Up! Spiderweb Embossing Folder
to add some veins on the leaf.

The card base and stamping is Blackberry Bliss.

My camera wanted to turn it to black.
(My camera has a mind of  it's own!)


Thanks to some friends I have 2 Thanksgiving cards.

I'm thankful for my inspiring friends!

Both cards have been mailed to friends
so I'm linking up with 
Jennifer McGuire's Share Handmade Kindness Challenge
week 1

and

I'm also going to link to
Susan Raihala's Thanksgiving Challenge
Isn't it a shame that Thanksgiving is squished between Halloween and Christmas?

and

Simon Say's Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Thanks/Thanksgiving

and

Curtain Call Challenge

Doesn't that top blanket make you think of Autumn leaves?

I'm thankful for your comments, encouragement and inspiration too.

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Vintage Leaves, Hand Penned Holidays (retired SU)
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Tangerine, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow (SU)
Paper:  Mossy Meadow (SU), Watercolor (Arches 140 lb. cold press), Mixed Media (Stathmore)
Other: Leaflets Framelits Die (SU), Gold Thread (stash)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Basket of Blessings (PTI)
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Blackberry Bliss (SU)
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, So Saffron (SU),  Watercolor (Arches 140 lb. cold press)
Other:  Leaflets Framelits Die (SU), Spider Web EF (retired SU), MISTI


22 comments:

Betty said...

both your cards are so pretty, Bonnie - and so clever to use the spiderweb ef to create veins in the leaf!

BożenA said...

Wow! First look at the card and I fell in love with her! Leaf color gorgeous, beautiful splash, string is a wonderful complement. This is a great card.
hugs,
BozenA

Barb said...

Two absolutely gorgeous leaf cards Bonnie. Great techniques too. Barbxx

Susanne Vargas said...

Two beautiful fall cards! I especially adore the first one with the watercolored and splattered background and the golden thread!

Marisa said...

Beautifully done times two, Bonnie!

jimlynn said...

No matter if it's black or blackberry since it's just a beautiful background for a beautiful card. Love the big leaf and the way you used the spider web embossing on it. Very, very pretty and just perfect for fall!
Lynn

Dana M said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie! I think I have the same camera (wink).

Susan said...

That first card is gorgeous...especially the beautiful sentiment! I made a card very similar to your second card, except I decided to make mine a shaker card...I think I like your's better!

Greta said...

These are both just gorgeous, Bonnie!

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Bonnie - love the artsy look to the top card, but the second one is amazing and so dramatic with the die
cut. Love your original use of the embossing folder too.
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

Great looking cards.... they capture the vibrancy of falling leaves so well. Just what we are in the middle of.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both so VERY beautiful Bonnie, it would be a joy to receive them.

Susan said...

Both are great but I especially love the first one with the swirl of gold thread behind the leaf!

MaryH said...

Each leaf is just gorgeously colored. Loved the way you've used the negative with the bold golden leaf, and especially loved the blaze of red with the swirl of thread behind it. Of course, gorgeous splatters and 2 very beautiful cards, that your recipient will love as well. TFS & Hugs

Bobby said...

Beautiful leaves like this is one reason I love autumn.

Brenda in IN said...

How unique to use the spiderweb folder for veins. Both of these cards are so pretty. I do love the cut out look on the second card.

Darnell said...

You, my dear, are a genius! You take the inspiration from others, give them credit, and then make your own stunning inspirational card designs!! Hugs, Darnell

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card!

Gayatri said...

OMG! The leaves are amazing! LOVE the rich colours on them. Gorgeous cards. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Thanksgiving Wednesday Challenge.
Gayatri xx

Nance said...

So gorgeous! I love that sentiment! And how clever of you to use a spider web for leaf veins! Wonderful!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What wonderful things you have done with this leaf set. Love the splotches and speckles and that was quite inspired to make leaf veins with a spiderweb folder.

Susan Raihala said...

Bonnie, both cards are just lovely! The first stands out for the use of gold cord behind that gorgeous leaf, and the second for outstanding use of negative space and embossing on the leaf! Blessings to you, and thanks for sharing these at the Thanksgiving Crusade.