Monday, August 29, 2016

Flamingo Colors For Altenew


Altenew's August Challenge
is almost over.
I finally got to sit down and make a card for it.
Since Altenew has the most beautiful flowers, and I had a new set sitting on my table,
I had no problem deciding what to do.  There are so many flowers in this set, that I had a 
bit of a hard time deciding which one to use. Once I decided on a layout, this one seemed best.

It was fun getting the Zigs out and doing some watercoloring.
I used a technique posted by Dina Kowal on Splitcoaststampers last week.
You can find her written tutorial here.

I used a piece of cardstock laminated with some clear Contact Paper as a palette.
I can see the colors better on it than on a clear block.

Our Darnell is having her NBUS Challenge #7
This is one of my newest NBUS sets.
My plan to to also do something with one of the NBUS sets that have been
sitting in that box the longest.
(Now to decide which one!)


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Botanical Garden, Thinking of You (Altenew)
Ink:   VersaMark, Basic Gray (SU)
Paper: Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Watercolor (TH Distress, smooth side), Basic Gray (SU)  
Other:  Pewter EP (retired SU), Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers (Carmine Red, Wine Red, Deep Red, Light Gray, Gray Brown), Corner Rounder Punch (Fiskars)


19 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This conveys sadness to me for some reason, it is REALLY BEAUTIFUL, I love the pink and grey.
Faith
x

Linda said...

So beautifully watercolored Bonnie.

lostinpaper said...

Your flower is stunning and I just Love the subtle grey shading in the background!

TK said...

Beautiful flower, those colors are just gorgeous!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful, Bonnie - love the colours and composition.
Blessings
Maxine

My Paper Cat said...

A beautiful card, especially like the shadow behind the rose.

JosieD said...

A lovely, gentle card particularly for sympathy or someone going through a difficult time.

JosieD said...

Just had to add another comment--thanks for heads up on Dina's tutorials. They are really good and helpful! I love water coloring look but getting good at it is definitely a work in progress (smiles).

Nance said...

Pretty and elegant card, Bonnie! Love the blog makeover --- that header is wonderful! Glad you came to get a little crafty with me yesterday! Enjoyed our visit and getting to use your stencil! See you again soon!

Nstiz said...

What a beautiful job you did watercoloring, Bonnie! I still struggle so much with that! Love the CAS style and that stamp is just fabulous! Thanks for the link to the tutorial too!

Susan said...

You got the loveliest pink shading in your flower, Bonnie! And great grey wash around it too. Perfect card for the challenge!

Darnell said...

Your card is very moving, Bonnie, and shows a deep level of care for the recipient. It's just beautiful!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Happiness in pink.

Susanne Vargas said...

So beautiful in it's simplicity! Great coloring!

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! That was a great tutorial, wasn't it! I really love the Altenew stamps too!

MaryH said...

It is just beautiful. I totally agree that Altenew has some of the best floral stamps out today, and you've done this one proud. Love the slight gray wash behind that lovely pink. TFS & Hugs

Greta said...

Lovely coloring with Zigs, Bonnie--great design, too!

Sandy said...

Beautiful - it's hard to keep up with you kid!
sandy xx

Pat said...

Just the one pretty pink rose is perfect here Bonnie and I love the soft grey shadow. This does convey a sense of thoughtfulness in its simplicity. x