Thursday, September 15, 2016

Marbling Reminder for CAS MIx Up

It's the 15th of the month already.

Wow! Time does fly!
Using Stamping, Marbling, Die Cutting, Dry Embossing with Dies, Heat Embossing, and Inka Gold Smoosh

This is a reminder that we are still doing Marbling at
CAS Mix Up

This time I used fingernail polish to marble my paper.

Yep, fingernail polish.

I used the technique found in this video and came up with
some interesting results.

It doesn't smell as good as the shaving cream technique, but it has 
a sparkle from the glitter that was in the polish.

I was lucky and found this fingernail polish for $1.00 a bottle when
I bought my shaving cream.

You've gotta love those dollar stores!

I used the Stitched Square Died to cut the square opening
and the next larger die to dry emboss around that.

For a little extra pizzazz, I touched the edges of the frame in the
silver ink pad and heat embossed it.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Happy Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Encore Silver
Paper:   Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Mixed Media
Other:  Fingernail Polish, Stitched Square Dies (Lil' Inker), Meadow Dragonfly Die (MB), Inka Gold (Steel Blue, Platinum), Silver EP (SU)


16 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous colours for your marbled background Bonnie. It looks amazing, and I love the silver edging to give it a little shine. Beautiful design! xx

Liz said...

I love the marbling, gorgeous colours. Super card and the dragonfly is lovely. xx

Marcia Hill said...

This is so pretty Bonnie! I love the colors you used and the marbled look for the dragonfly to rest against. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Linda said...

Beautiful colors in your marbling, Bonnie.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just adore your dragonfly perched on the marbled background, Bonnie!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie.
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Your nail polish marbled background Bonnie, turned out beautifully. Love how you silver heat embossed the edge of your frame too. I never think to do that technique. TFS my friend. Hugs, nancy

Susan said...

I'd never guess that was nail polish if you didn't say it was! What a beautiful background! And a gorgeous dragonfly!

JosieD said...

Very unique marbled b'grd and love the contrast of it with the dragonfly. Plus the double rectangle die use and the silver ink edge..."little things mean a lot"!

Doris said...

Nail polish?! Who woulda thought!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Bonnie! Lovely colors, and such a pretty die cut! Your CAS is beautiful. hugs, de

Bobby said...

I made such a mess with food coloring I wouldn't dare use nail polish but this looks wonderful, Bonnie.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colours and love the dragon fly and the embossing.
Faith
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love the blue and green marbling. Perfect for a dragonfly!

Sandy said...

I am not much of one for bugs but I sure do love your background!
Sandy xx

BożenA said...

Wonderful background colors! Dragonfly wonderfully complements the composition of the card.
hugs,
BozenA