Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Sunflower Fun

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

When I was working on this card, I was not at all happy with it.

I wanted to use Bobby's colors on the Just Us Girls Challenge and they
were not working out for me.

But I persevered and it ended up being one of my favorites.

Thanks Bobby.


I had this NBUS embossing folder out and the Stamptember Chelsea Butterfly had
 just flew into my studio.  I was thinking about the colors from the 
Just Us Girls challenge and got to work.

I sponged some Cajun Craze ink on the raised portions of the embossed sunflowers.
They looked kind of dull and boring so I added some orange ink over the top.
That made a brighter rust color that I liked much better.

There was some bright blue foil in my stash that worked well for the butterfly and
some bits of gold for the edges.  (This butterfly has seven pieces!)

I used an Embosslit Dauber on the center of each flower and used gold
embossing powder to add shine to the flowers.

Narrow strips of gold on each side finished it off.

Challenges:
Just Us Girls #743 - Color Week (Blue, Rust, Gold)
NBUS #66 - Never Before Used Schtuff (Embossing Folder and Die)
Tic Tac Toe - Bottom Row (Multiple sunflowers, Die Cuts, Shine)

 






Card Recipe
Stamps:  ?
Ink:   Encore Gold, Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip (SU), Embosslit Dauber (Ranger)
Paper:   Neenah Solar White, Blue Foil, Gold Foil
Other:  Basket of Sunflowers 3D EF (SB), Chesea Butterfly Die (SSS), Gold EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

19 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...that butterfly in its electric blue foil color is FABULOUS Bonnie, and those gorgeous sunflowers with the shiny gold centers really come together to make the whole card POP! Absolutely in LOVE with this one my friend!! Hugs. :0)

JoAnn said...

WOW!! This is gorgeous. Love all the gold and the blue foil butterfly really pops. You did a great job on those pretty sunflowers. Glad you persevered with this beauty. ((Hugs))

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, you persevered and did a fine job of it! I cannot imagine that gorgeous blue butterfly finding a more beautiful home!
=]

TK said...

Show-stopping stunning! Wow, Bonnie, this is just gorgeous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - that blue butterfly looks amazing with the sunflowers, Bonnie! Always fun to hear about your "make it work" moments - you did it!!

Sandy said...

When I first opened this up I say "Oh Wow!: And I am still saying Oh WOW!
Sandy xx

ElizStewart said...

Bonnie... the card is amazing. I can't believe the butterfly has seven pieces. You did a phenomenal job with the colors. As always, thanks so much for sharing your creative process with Just Us Girls.

Bobby said...

I'm glad you kept on, Bonnie, because the end result is gorgeous. The blue butterfly is spectacular and what a great idea adding gold to the center of the rust sunflowers. Thanks for taking my colors and making such a wonderful card for the Just Us Girls challenge.

Pat said...

Such a bright and beautiful card Bonnie, and glad you persevered as the colours are great! I love the added gold embossing in the centre of the sunflowers and the complementary gold strips and gold underwings and body on the butterfly, and with the layered wings in that fabulous blue. x

Brenda in IN said...

Stunning card with the gold accents. Seven pieces is way too many for me, I'd be confused!

Jan said...

Absolutely stunning!

Nstiz said...

Fantastic! No idea how you got the foil on those sunflowers but what a WOW factor. This is super, Bonnie!

nancy littrell said...

OMG....Stunning sunflowers and Gorgeous Blue Layered Wings on your beautiful butterfly:-) Thank you so much for sharing. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so happy you stuck it out Bonnie! That shimmery blue butterfly is marvelous. I'm also so happy to see it landed in our JUGs gallery!

Nance said...

I love it, Bonnie! Glad you persevered and finished it! That gorgeous blue butterfly is a wonderful contrast on those sunflowers!

Susan said...

Stunning - the royal blue and the gold are so vibrant. Great with the rusty red to offset their richness. Love the overall card design too.

Leslie Miller said...

It's quite striking with those wonderful colors and the gold, Bonnie!
The embossing folder and butterfly are amazing. I'm totally wowed by this!

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely stunning Bonnie - love that bright blue against the rust, and the touches of gold throughout are the perfect accents
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Stunning work. x