Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Fall Blessings

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Today is Craft Group day and our theme for swaps this month is Fall.

I thought I'd show you what the gals will be getting from me.


The pumpkins are quite large so I made A6 size cards.

The bottom natural layer was embossed with my Burlap Embossing Folder.

The layered pumpkins were cut from So Saffron cardstock and colored with finger
daubers and ink.  The leaves were cut from some snippets of the natural cardstock and
colored the same way.

I broke out this NBUS alphabet dies and discovered that the set has two W outlines
and no outline of the O.  A reminder that I need to check out things before stashing them.

The little curls on the stems are very narrow strips cut from the Saffron cardstock and
curled with tweezers.

Challenges: 
Tic Tac Toe Challenge #256 - Left hand column Fall/Embossing/Layers (Each pumpkin has 4 layers as well as leaves and stems)

 


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Take Care (ret SU)
Ink:   Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Brown Sugar
Paper:   Neenah Natural, Primitive Cream (MFT), So Saffron, Soft Suede
Other:  Into the Blooms Pumpkins, Tasteful Texture EF (SU), Twiggy Alphabet (MB), Stitched Shapes Die (ret SU)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

15 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your card with those realistic looking pumpkins. Your coloring on them is perfect. Great fall card Bonnie.

Pat said...

What a brilliant fall card Bonnie, and the ink blended colour looks so pretty, and some lovely texture in the background too. x

Bobby said...

Your inking of the pumpkins gave them a very realistic look, Bonnie, and what a great idea to add those twirls. Your group will love them. I always mean to tell you how much I love that little bird you use to prop up the card.

Sandy said...


we all know a good thing when we see it! My first thought when I saw your pumpkins was to reach out and touch them. And I really, really like the little swirls on the pumpkin stems.
Sandy xx

Susan said...

A wonderful autumn card - fabulous pumpkins with great shading that makes them look so realistic!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a gorgeous pair of pumpkins, Bonnie - love the paper curls!!

Marcia Hill said...

Your pumpkins and leaves look so realistic Bonnie and are shaded perfectly! I love the little curly bits you added and the burlap background too! This card definitely says Fall and in such a beautiful way...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

I Card Everyone said...

The crafty gals are going to love putting this beautiful card together, Bonnie! LOve the 'natural' paper - who knew Neenah had one?!
I can't imagine quality control letting that set get by them - I'd still ask if they'll do an exchange!
=]

LeAnne said...

LOVE these punkins! My favorite pumpkin die! I would never have thought to use So Saffron cardstock, but it works perfectly! Just lovely all round!

Nstiz said...

The shading on that pumpkin is just SUPER! Also love the added curls and the shading on the leaves. What a fantastic fall card!

HilaryJane said...

Lovely card Bonnie. I always enjoy the autumn colours. How annoying that your die set is not complete. Hope you don't often go looking for the o outline xx

Leslie Miller said...

This is so warm and beautiful, Bonnie! I lovelovelove those pumpkins, especially with the cute little curly bits and the inky shading. I'm sorry about your alphabet set being incomplete. I'm terrible about not testing or checking out my new toys right away, and I have found the occasional flaw as well.

Loll said...

Beautiful Fall card Bonnie. LOVE those pumpkins!! xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what pretty pumpkins! Your crafty gals are going to enjoy this one, Bonnie. Too bad about your die set. I bet if you reach out, they'll make it right!

Karen Letchworth said...

Gorgeous pumpkins on this lovely card, Bonnie. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and please join us again soon. I hope you'll also come play along at Word Art Wednesday. I always enjoy and appreciate your wonderful art.