Friday, October 9, 2026

Acorn Almanac for Fun

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I was recently quite taken with a stamp from Unity.

Trying to get the look I wanted, I ended up with several cards.
So grab a cup (or glass) of your favorite beverage for a lengthy show.



This was the first one.  I stamped with Sepia ink and embossed with a new to me
matte clear embossing powder on mixed media paper.

The camera is seeing it much darker than it actually is.  The border is Cajun Craze-
more rust than brown and the leaves and acorns are lighter too.


The second one was done the same way but embossed with gold. This one has a border
of dark brown.  I used acetate to smoosh some ink into the background on both of them.

I didn't like the embossed caps on the acorns so I stamped some more acorns with
black ink and colored them in, fussy cut and popped them up.


The third ended up being my favorite.  It was the second attempt.  The first attempt
was a mess.  More on that later.

This time no embossing.  Just stamping, coloring with Zigs and my waterbrush. 
I did a wet on wet wash around the mage and added some splatters.

I added a bow (not as wonky as it looks) and some little copper punched circles.

Again the actual colors are lighter.

Finally....


I'm not even sure if I would send this one.  It's the result of trying to die cut 
before the splatters dry.  Those little splatters became ugly smudges!

I salvaged some of it.  You can see the results of cutting before drying.
And the worst got cut off.

It was a fun play with this stamp set and not all on the same day.

I hope you have some fun creating this weekend.


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Acorn Almanac (Unity)
Ink:   Versafine Sepia, Encore Gold, Vesafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neenah Natural
Other:  Zigs CCRBM, Matte Clear EP, Gold EP, Deckle & Stitches Nesting Dies (Unity), Essential Arches Dies (SB), Stitched Circle Dies (SSS), Oak Forest EF (SB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

4 comments:

Darlene said...

These are all just fabulous Bonnie! What a fun set and I know what you mean by 'rushing' something (do it all the time lol ... teaches you how to be even MORE creative lol) Beautiful Fall inspiration!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful cards, as for the splatters, being smudges, I've seen stamps with similar effects, no one would know differently. Love them all. x

I Card Everyone said...

I love them ALL! These acorns are the kind I WISH our oaks would bear - much bigger and longer than those stubby ones we have here. If I'm seeing this correctly, the stamp has all the background script and ledger lines? What a great find, Bonnie! Your gorgeous arched card wins my heart today, but they are all beautiful!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

I love them all too Bonnie, but like Michele, the 3rd arched card is my favorite! The colors, the splattering, the embossing...ALL of it is so beautiful and I can totally see why this stamp set was a must have! Perfect cards for Fall my friend!! Hugs. :0)