Hi there. I'm so glad you stopped by!
It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues.
This month our talented Steph picked our colors. She chose....
Aren't these beautiful fall colors?
They were perfect for this Papertrey Ink bird die set that recently arrived in
my craft room.
I die cut this plump little guy from a piece of Crushed Curry textured cardstock that
I'd been hoarding for a 'few' years. I added a bit of ink blending around the edges
and plopped him on a branch watercolored in shades of red.
I punched some bits of gold metallic cardstock to add to the background
and leaves.
Now let's go and see what my talented friends and our
fantastic Guest Designer Crystal have done to inspire you.
Your card and or project can use ANY HUE of the TWO Colors selected for you,
and of course, neutrals are welcome.
Our Neutrals are: white, black, grey, kraft, brown, cream, and metallics.
Remember that green is not a neutral.
I hope you'll create a card using Amber & Burnt Red and add it to the gallery at
Challenge ends at 9:00 AM on October 14th.
The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge and the overall
winner will have the opportunity to be a future Guest Designer.
Most importantly, just have fun!
Card Recipe
Stamps: Just a Note (?)
Ink: Dk Cranberry w Fired Brick (GKD & DI), Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Brushed Corduroy, Aged Mahogany)
Paper: Neenah Natural, Crushed Curry Textured (ret SU), Watercolor (Strathmore)
Other: Vine Canopy EF (SSS), Privet Branch die (SSS), Simply Birds Die (PTI)
If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.
To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.
Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!



6 comments:
I should soon be seeing some Warblers that look just like your darling new 'plump' little friend, Bonnie! But it seems our weather might have caused a change in their migration route this year! I love your gorgeous use of these colors!
=]
OH WOW what a fabulous creation! Awesome design with your cute, plump bird on a branch ... perfect use of the colors and love that embossed background (don't forget about our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge). Beautiful job!
Such a cute little "plump" bird setting on that lovely colored branch. Love the embossed background and how you added those little punches of gold metallic cardstock. Beautiful use of these colors.
What a sweet little bird, Bonnie. He's loving his perch of burnt red leaves. We had a burning bush at our old house and I loved seeing the birds hiding there.
You've used these colors perfectly Bonnie and I love your sweet little chubby bird! The burnt red leaves are so pretty too and both look awesome on your embossed background...a real CAS beauty my friend!! Hugs. :0)
Wow! That's a great use of the colors and so on point for your beautiful bird.
Post a Comment