Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Another Greenhouse Garden Flower

Whew! This is for the Sketch Challenge this week. This makes 3 days straight of challenges! I really love that they make me think in a different direction and I try combinations that I wouldn't otherwise try. I love this sketch. It's simple and not too many layers. Just my style!

I had the flower already stamped and since I'm trying to use up some of the odds and ends laying around, I decided it would have to do for my design piece.

I think it took me longer to decide on a piece of Designer Series Paper than it did to stamp everything. Boy did I have fun going through all that paper! I think I need to have a class on using DSP and make room for some more! By the way, I decided on a piece from the Raspberry Tart set from last year.

The flower is done with Cameo Coral and Ruby Red. I used that combination a while back and I really love it. Both colors are going to be retired, so I need to use it all I can now. I used a Rhinestone Brad from the Circle Ice collection in the middle of the flower and some Mistletoe ribbon left over from the Christmas mini. All this is stamped on a Hug Note from the Occasions Mini. I used my Paper Piercer in each scallop.

The sentiment is done with the oval from an Oval All stamp and Short & Sweet. I punched it with the large oval punch and used the scallop punch to punch an Old Olive mat. I pierced these scallops too.

All this is mounted on a card with the front embossed with the BIG GUY and a SU Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate.

Well, this has been fun, but I really, really need to go cut sets out for Saturday.


Thanks for stopping by. Do come back soon.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Catherine Pooler said...

Love this card, Bonnie! Beautiful!
and thanks for your comment on my blog.
Have a super day!
Catherine

Laura said...

Hello found this card on scs.And thought it was really simple and elegant.TFS.
I also would like to know how to become a stampin demostrator.