Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dragonfly for Dad

Hello Stampin' Friends. Today I am sharing a remake. The main design of this card is one of the Stamp A Stack cards we did last weekend. I always enjoy the Dragon Flies/Darning Needles that fly around my Dad's yard. Their tails are the most beautiful shade of blue. So this design seemed perfect to use for a Father's Day card for my Dad and since he is a big man, I wanted a card that's a little bigger than normal.


The card base is 5" x 7" made from Naturals White. The layout is from this weeks Sketch Challenge. It worked perfectly for what I wanted for this card. I used a piece from a Patterns Pack for the top third. (I thought it was Basic Gray, but I had written Always Artichoke on the front of the pack. It looks like dark gray.) On the bottom third, I stamped some dragonflies in Going Gray.

The main design piece is Taken with Teal that was embossed with the BIG GUY and the Square Lattic Folder from the Summer Mini Catalog. I used a Sending Love Notes Kiss piece from the Occasions Mini Catalog. It has been spritzed with the Color Spritzer Tool and a marker. The dragonfly is embossed in black EP and the tail is colored with a marker.

The belt was embossed with my whacked Finial Press Embossing Folder. I ran it through two times and adhered the ribbon in the center. I distressed the bottom edges with my fingernail. Then I inked all the front edges with Black.

Hope he likes it.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Nature's Nest, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Naturals White, Basic Black, Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Sending Love Notes Kiss, Patterns Pack
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black, Going Gray
Acc.: Big Shot, Square Lattice & Whacked Finial Press Embossing Folders, Color Spritzer Tool, SU Marker, Modern Label & Word Window Punches, Black Gingham Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Do come back soon.
Bonnie

No comments: