Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fifth Avenue Watercolor

Some of you know that I have a goal of someday being able to watercolor. I love the soft and blended look that watercolor has. I've tried a couple of pieces and it's not too hard except that I need to figure out where to do the dark and where to do the light. I have light and dark but it's pretty much hit and miss.

I finally stamped the rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral. I've used the other flowers but this rose was really scary! I stamped it in VersaMark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I used the Aquapainters and re-inkers...Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink & Cameo Coral for this one.

Then I used Summer Sun and Rose Red on this one.

The Technique Lovers Challenge this week was to emboss vellum. I used the SU Perfect Details Texturz Plate and Paper Vellum (p. 159) and ran it through the BIG GUY. It gave a nice soft lattice look. The roses are both popped up on dimensionals to give them a little more dimension.
I would like to do a class with this. It's really not hard and despite the fact that my light and dark are probably all wrong, it has a nice soft look.
I did the small flower from this set the same way and it is gorgeous! Now I have to put them on a card.
Card Recipe
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Paper: Whisper White, Cameo Coral or Yo Yo Yellow, Vellum Paper
Ink: VersaMark (You can use Whisper White instead)
Acc.: Re-inkers, Aquapainter, White Embossing Powder, Big Shot, Su Perfect Details Texturz Plate, Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon/Crushed Curry Polkadot Ribbon
These would make nice Mother's Day cards, or Birthday cards, or Get Well cards, or........
Need to finish the Color Challenge card and finish preparing for a workshop.
Thanks for stopping by.
Bonnie

No comments: