Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mr. Hummingbird

Hello Stampin' Friends. It's late but I wanted to share a card with you.

This card was for the Color Challenge today to use Real Red, Bermuda Blue and Kraft.



I knew right away that I wanted to do this hummingbird from the Elements of Style set in Bermuda Bay. Hummingbirds love red flowers so all I had to do was decide on a flower for him. I love this Watercolor Trio stamp. So... I inked the one I had always done as leaves with the Chocolate Chip & Real Red Markers. Mr. Hummingbird looks like he likes what he sees! He is popped up on 2 dimensionals.


The bow was the hardest part of the whole card! Some days the ribbon cooperates and some days it doesn't! Perseverance won out before the ribbon wore out and the card is finished.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Watercolor Trio, Elements of Style
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Bermuda Bay
Acc.: Real Red & Chocolate Chip SU Markers, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Real Red Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals, Tiny pearl

I also worked on a new technique today. I'm real excited about how it turned out. I'll share that with you next time. Until then, happy stampin'.
Bonnie

No comments: