Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hollyhock Garden

Hello crafty peeps.  I have finally put down my new cattie, for a few minutes anyway.  I have to put it out of sight to remove the temptation.  I'm like that with cookies and chocolate too!

I did get a card made for the Color Challenge at SCS to use Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette & Melon Mambo.  Dessert is a round embellishment which I totally forgot.


I stamped with the outline stamp in Black StazOn on a scrap of Confetti White cardstock.  Then I put a drop of re-inker of each of the pinks in a lid and used my Aquapainter to color the blossoms. A drop of Old Olive and the Aquapainter colored the stems & leaves.

I used a very simple CAS layout on an embossed Confetti White card.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fast & Fabulous, Short & Sweet
Ink:  Melon Mambo, SU Re-inkers (Melon Mambo, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Old Olive)
Paper:  Confetti White, Melon Mambo
Accessories:  Corner Rounder, Word Window & Modern Label Punches

I love to use this set for two-step stamping but I like it with the watercoloring too.  I'll be sad to see this set retire from the hostess sets, but, believe me, there are lots of awesome choices to take it's place!

I'm so glad you could join me today.

Enjoy!

9 comments:

Benzi said...

Your garden of hollyhocks is so pretty. I love them but I rarely see them anymore so it is good to have them on a card. I think I remember one of my grandmothers having them.

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous, Bonnie!! I like my watercolor painting, too. This is a great color combo!!

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, This is so beautiful, the colours are just perfect and the image sits so well, I love it:0) Lucky you to have a new cat, they are just so lovely to cuddle, if they'll let you LOL Gay xx

Bridget Finlay said...

This is so beautiful, I loved seeing it in the SCS gallery - what a gorgeous flower image and I love how you used the different shades of pink!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

You are being maddening Bonnie! It's no good distracting everyone with fabulous cards - we want to know what's in that new catty! Vx

Sarn said...

Gorgeous card.

Sandra x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such pretty hollyhocks! Never had any in my garden, but they sure are fabulous flowers. (psst, I have blog candy until tonight!)

Ellen said...

I CASEd you for the Free 4 All challenge. :)
http://stampingwithellen.blogspot.com/2011/06/june-18-2011.html