Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Folk Art Hearts

Here's another card using the sketch from Less is More this week.  I really love this sketch!


The Queen last week at SCS was ravengirl (Toni) and I didn't have go far into her gallery to find a card.  I chose this one to CASE.  I wish I had time to CASE more.  She's been a favorite of mine for a long time.

The hearts are stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White. I used my Stamp-a-majig to determine the layout. After stamping, I threaded a big eyed needle with linen thread and connected the hearts with it. I ran a length up the back so I would have two ends to tie a bow with.

The design in layered onto Cherry Cobbler and the card base is Naturals White. The sentiment is also stamped in Cherry Cobbler.

All supplies are Stampin' Up


Card Recipe
Stamps: Take it to Heart, Whimsical Words (retired)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Naturals White, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Other: Linen Thread.


We've all been battling a respiratory virus at our house.  I have completely lost my voice.  The boys think it's really cool that I whisper to them.  They both give me the sweetest smiles when I try to talk.

I'm so glad you stopped by and that you aren't exposed to any germs during your visit.

Enjoy!

17 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh Bonnie, I hope you start feeling better (and can talk) soon! Take care of yourself!
Love this card!!! They really do remind me of folk art hearts the way you lined them up. Precious. And of course, I have to say I LOVE that sentiment too - especially since I've used it on my post that's going up in the morning!
Take care, Lynn

Cynthia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this one, Bonnie! The hearts are just adorable!! I made a few cards with LIM's sketch too. It lends itself to so many different kinds of cards. I'll be using that one again, for sure! I so hope you feel better soon. It seems like that virus is going around...all over the place! Take care of yourself!!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Such a simple, clear and lovely card, Bonnie!! Love the sentiment and the stamps as well =)

Emily Keaton said...

Now *that* is a clever way to "string" up your hearts, Bonnie!! Those colors are beautiful!!

Chrissie said...

I'm really thrilled that you like the sketch Bonnie and you have made a gorgeous card with it this time. I love red and white and the hearts looks wonderful!
Thanks for another fab submission.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Absolutely gorgeosu Bonnie, perfect positioning

sorry to read of your virus, glad you are getting better now
Thank you for another sbubmission, think you relly like this sketch?
Mandi
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Very pretty Bonnie, Love the hearts connected with the twine. Hope your voice comes back soon. x

Doris said...

This card is adorable! I have that same sentiment stamp--thanks for reminding me to use it.

Carol said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! Love the linking of the hearts with the linen thread!

Bev J. said...

Love your card in the CC. Neat way to connect the hearts. TFS

Eloise said...

beautiful card!

Kim S said...

Fantastic idea!

Benzi said...

Oh, so pretty, Bonnie. I love how you strung your hearts. Am I ever glad I own that set, Whimsical Words..great set of sentiments.

Sorry about the nasty virus going on in your household. I used to lose my voice all the time when I had allergies so I know how that feels.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GORGEOUS card love the twine and the sentiment is fab too lovely colours as well

Susan said...

I think I need stamping lessons! When you stamp in color it always looks so crisp and clean...when I do it, it never looks right! Beautiful card, Bonnie!

G Peplow said...

This is stunning, I love it Bonnie xxx

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like the way you arranged these hearts. ANd yes, Toni is a fave of mine, too!