Friday, July 11, 2014

Mixed Media Coral Blossom

I've been seeing a lot about using Mixed Media on cards.

I usually create a card without thinking about
a specific technique. 

I have to admit that the thought of using more than one 
boggled my mind.

But my friend Loll is on the DT Team for a new challenge

It's a monthly challenge and they define Mixed Media as
Basically, a card that has stamps and inks PLUS at least two other items (embossing paste and alcohol inks, for example) is a mixed media card in our book.


I used a stamp and ink for the sentiment.

The flower and leaves are punched from a piece of watercoloring
(and cardstock).

And I used an embossing folder.

Watercoloring, punching, embossing
along with the stamp and ink
makes Mixed Media. (I think)

That wasn't so hard!

This went to a dear friend who is experiencing some health issues.
I hope she receives this card before she sees it here!

Thanks for stopping by and I really do appreciate your comments.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Field Flowers
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Watercolor
Other:  Re-inkers, Bonjour EF (Couture Creations), Blossom Punch, Blossoms Petal Builder Punch, Sunshne Punch (Fiskars), Tiny Sunshine (Recollections)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


19 comments:

Benzi said...

It's a beautiful card for your friend. I like your idea of Mixed Media because I always go the hard route and use inks, sprays, pastes..you name it. LOL

Lesley said...

Gorgeous!

MaryH said...

Bonnie, it's simply lovely. That pop of bright watercolor against the embossed white is sensational design, and I love that flower too. TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

jimlynn said...

She'll love the card I'm sure. Love that gorgeous bloom and beautiful embossing.
Lynn

Greta said...

This is just stunning, Bonnie! I know it brightened your friend's day!

Loll said...

Beautiful mixed media card Bonnie! Thanks for playing along with us at the challenge - so appreciated, my friend!

Love the flower ... such gorgeous watercolored paper - and luscious colors! Love the embossing - beautiful flourish design and so sweet with the dotty border. xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! :)

Doris said...

Another stunning card! The embossing folder technique you used really highlights the flower and greeting.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card, love the techniques you have used.

Darnell said...

I am SO impressed Bon-Bon!! You did a stunning mixed media card and I know your friend will cherish it! I wish her all the best with resolving her health issues. Hugs, Darnell

laurie said...

Mixed media sounds fun! You sure came up with a beautiful card!

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, this card is stunning! I love your flower-so inky, so beautiful and colorful. The embossing is beautiful, really love that embossing folder. I am afraid of trying a mixed media card too but you have made it look pretty simple. Of course that is the key word-"looks". lol But will have to give it a try sometime. Hugs, Brenda

Jeanne H said...

Great card, Bonnie. Love the colors and different things to look at.

Maria said...

Lovely card! Love that flower and embossed background! Thanks so much for playing along with The Mixed Media Card Challenges!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like that simplified definition of mixed media. I have to admit I wasn't sure myself. You card is looking good!

sannalippert said...

Bonnie, this is such a beautiful card!! I´m sure your friend will be very happy to receive this! thank you for playing along with us at MMCC :)

Deepti said...

Oh my my the water colored big bloom looks amazing! So glad u could play along with mixed media!

Kim S said...

Absolutely beautiful! The flower is stunning with its varied colors. And it's even more brilliant set against all of that white. The embossing folder sets it off perfectly!

Elina Stromberg said...

I love your CAS style card. The colorful layered flower looks so good on the white background. Beautiful!
Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again in August!