Saturday, May 19, 2018

Bell and Bough

Hello friends and welcome.


My sweet friend JoAnn is hosting Merry Monday this week.

What a wonderful opportunity to ink up this stamp that I bought last fall.

I'll admit that my first try wasn't good.  I'm hoping I can fiddle with it
and improve on it someday.  If at first  you don't succeed, try again.

This time it worked out much better.

I find that I do better with no line watercolor when I ink with markers.

I also find that inking with a lighter color first makes a big difference!

The MISTI (or other stamp positioner) is a must for this technique!

After inking and shading with a waterbrush, I cleaned the stamp
and inked again with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder.

When I did the background wash (using Distress re-inker), I still had a little bleed around the berries.
But not as bad as usual.

I clear heat embossed the sentiment too.

Thanks, JoAnn, for giving me an excuse to ink up this stamp!

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bell and Bough, Believe (both PB)
Ink:   Versamark, Early Espresso (SU), Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Gathered Twigs, Festive Berries, Barn Door, Fired Brick (DM), Salty Ocean, Iced Spruce (DR-I)
Paper:   Mixed Media (St), Neenah
Other:  Clear EP, MISTI, Water Brush


21 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. I love that big red bellm great job stamping it. The inking around the image is lovely. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

LeAnne said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! A work of art!

Marcia Hill said...

You did a FABULOUS job with this PB image...I think Jill Foster would be very proud of your GORGEOUS card Bonnie!! And I think we all struggle when trying to add background around anything that is colored in red, but I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything! I think this whole card turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

jimlynn said...

Looks pretty perfect if you ask me! So very lovely and festive looking. It's a gorgeous card Bonnie.
Lynn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

OMG Bonnie - what a gorgeous bell with berries! Just love the wash of color behind too!!

Liz said...

Super card, Bonnie, very festive. I can't see the bleed around the berries at all, they look perfect to me. xx

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, love the leaves, they look so real. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So beautiful with gorgeous shading.
Faith
x

JosieD said...

Beautiful card -- very classy looking. Thanks for sharing the details and tips, particularly on the no line water coloring. I love this look but struggle with getting it. The clear EP is such a nice finishing touch.

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful stamp and a beautiful card. I do love that sentiment.

Nstiz said...

What a fabulous job you did on this, Bonnie! This is such a fun technique and a tricky one too. You did achieve gorgeous shading on your leaves and berries.

Mac Mable said...

Practice does make perfect and that's what I think about your wonderful card Bonnie. The stamp is gorgeous and your watercolour effect is so pretty. Love how you clear embossed to help with the background colour wash. The bleeding adds to your gorgeous water colour card...love it x

Sandy said...

Beautiful! I sure wish you made videos of you working!
Sandy xx

Linda said...

This looks like an old fashion Christmas cards. It is so pretty, Bonnie. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

stampwithsandy said...

This is just gorgeous, Bonnie! What a beautiful card!

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Bonnie. LOVE this image and you have coloured it to perfection, my friend! xx

Kathy said...

this is just gorgeous, the colors are fantastic...you did such an awesome job...Love everything about it....I would love receiving this at Christmas!

Jo said...

Wow, this is one beauty. Your colouring is luminous and there is so much dimension. Very Merry and Happy, xx

BożenA said...

WOW! This card is so beautiful! I love how you used color and painted all the elements of the stamp. I love leaves and red berries. The bell is beautiful too, it's a big element that is very difficult to color, and you did it perfectly. And your wonderful background, blue, delicate ...
Hugs,
BożenA

Bobby said...

PB has so many of these lovely stamps, Bonnie, and you're right. It's the marker technique and practice that makes them look as lovely as this one does. Congrats on your honorable mention at MM.

Trina P. said...

Sorry for the late commenting on this one, but saw this stunning card on the Merry Monday results post first and your HM is so well deserved. This looks like a painting and should be framed! Awesome card. xx