Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Enamor for the Flower Challenge

Hello friends and welcome.

I'm going soft and sweet today.

I'm playing with The Flower Challenge today.

This little frame needed acetate to pop it up.
So a shaker card was born.

The flowers were inked with markers and stamped on a snippet of Mixed Media paper.

I used narrow strips of dimensionals to lift the framed acetate from the design.

I had seen someone use a powder tool used for heat embossing to get some of
the sticky off the sides of the dimensional.  I have an Embossing Buddy so I used that.
It was awkward and not perfect, but helpful.

I actually think it was good that some of the shakers stuck to the sides
and didn't all fall to the bottom.

The Flower Challenge Design Team has some gorgeous inspiration pieces
at the challenge site and the reminder.  I hope you'll check them out.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Enamor, Happy Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Smokey Gray (Versafine), Spun Sugar, Shabby Shutters, Scattered Straw (DM)
Paper:   Mixed Media (St), Neenah
Other:  Flower Portrait Die (PB), Acetate, Sprinkles and sequins (various)


14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Soft and sweet - and beautiful too! Love the shaker and those oh so delicate flowers. Very pretty card Bonnie.
Lynn

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty the soft delicate flowers are so beautiful and I love the little floating sequins. I often do that on purpose with some glue :)

Liz said...

Gorgeous shaker card, I love the delicate flowers. xx

Bobby said...

That is such a tiny frame, Bonnie. How did you ever get it to stick to the acetate? This is a sweet card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a soft and sweet shaker card, Bonnie! The flower portrait die is perfect for the pretty flower image and sequins. It must have been hard to raise this very thin frame with dimensionals - you did a fantastic job, my friend! Hideko xx

Nstiz said...

Those flowers are just so cute, Bonnie and love that you made it a shaker card! I too would love to get the sequins a bit scattered inside and keep them there. So whatever you did, worked fine. Love your card!

Loll said...

This is very soft and sweet Bonnie! LOVE the colours you've used for the flowers and the shaker bits. :) xx

Susan said...

Truly soft and sweet - and a great shaker card to boot! Love it!

Mac Mable said...

Soft and sweet is good for me. So delicate and such a wonderful idea to make the shaker card and yes I like the odd sequin stuck to the acetate...looks fabulous x

Jo said...

Such a dainty and sweet card. It is definitely a special design for a special friend. Beautiful dear friend xx

BożenA said...

Oh yes, soft and sweet looks stunning. A beautiful, very feminine card, Bonnie.
Hugs,
BożenA

Viv said...

This is so delicate looking and so pretty too Bonnie!you made such a great job of this card. I love looking at your cards as you always make such fabulous ones. Thanks for sharing with us once again over at 'The Flower Challenge'we hope you will play again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Sandy said...

Shaker cards are the best!!! So much fun and yours is no exception!
Sandy xx

Trina P. said...

Acetate and shaker cards go hand in hand. Beautiful shaker, Bonnie. The frame is so cool and your flowers are so soft and pretty. xx