Saturday, May 26, 2018

A Sweet Merry Monday

Hello friends.  I'm glad you could stop by for a visit.

It's been a busy week, but I did get a Christmas card done.


I have used an Encrusted Jewel Technique for these gingerbread men.

First I die cut from some white cardboard as thick as the die would cut.

I laid a craft mat on my electric pancake griddle and 
put a small piece of parchment cooking paper on top of that.

Then I laid the die cut on the parchment paper and sprinkled liberally with 
clear embossing powder, covered with a corning lid and watched the powder melt.

When I  had a good puddle of melted powder, I sprinkled some 
Aged Gold Frantage on top and let that melt.

Once that melted, I sprinkled some Chunky White Frantage
and coarse red glitter on top.

When that was all melted, I carefully pulled the parchment off and
used a palette knife to pull the gingerbread men out of the surrounding puddle.

I added some small flat back beads for eyes and put back on the griddle
to melt them in.

The gingerbread are quite shiny and look like they've been glazed.

Here's another view...

I've chosen to hang these sweets from a tree.

Merry Monday is hosted by Kelly this week.

I'm also entering at Rudolph Days Challenge
where each month, Maureen hosts a Christmas card challenge.
It's anything goes for Christmas and lasts from 
the 25th of the month to the end of the month.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Ornamental Pine (SU), Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Mossy Meadow, Real Red (SU))
Paper:   Baked Brown Sugar, Naturals White (SU)
Other:  Christmas Bits (LI), Embossing Powder (WOW-Clear, Frantage-Aged Gold, Shabby White), Coarse Red Glitter, Red Sharpie


25 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...these are SO sweet Bonnie! Yay to you for using that technique to come up with these adorable little gingerbread men and they look FABULOUS hanging from your branches!! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie they are so delicious they look like they have mint sprinkles on them. Love your gingerbread men :)

Colleen said...

WOW WOW WOW, you make the most unique cards, Bonnie...your gingerbread men are fabulous! thank you for sharing the tutorial! And thank you for always playing along with us at Merry Monday! Heart Hugs, colleen

Jane Willis said...

What a great technique you used to make really realistic looking gingerbread men

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful result from all your 'puddling' on the griddle Bonnie - a fabulous card!
Blessings
Maxine

Robyn Oliver said...

These are the cutest gingerbread men Bonnie and what a cool technique, fabulous card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A great technique and result Bonnie.
Faith
x

Loll said...

Adorable Bonnie! Those gingerbread mean are so pretty in gold with the red and white sparkles. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fantastic trio of gingerbread men, Bonnie! They look amazing with all the decorations!!

jimlynn said...

Fun, festive, and looks good enough to eat! Love this gorgeous Christmas card Bonnie.
Lynn

Papercraft Boutique said...

I wondered how you made these adorable gingerbread men when I saw the picture of your card - Encrusted Jewel Technique! With all the red & white sprinkles, they really look realistic and super-cute, Bonnie! I love them! Hideko xx

Linda said...

What adorable gingerbread men, Bonnie. Awesome card. So glad you joined us this week at Merry Monday.

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh, Bonnie, these are making me hungry! They could not be any more real looking. This is genius, particularly the "sprinkles" on them. LOVE this!

Susan said...

Fabulous card, Bonnie - those gingerbread men are wonderful, so shiny as if they were glazed with candy cane sprinkles on top! What a great idea for the encrusted jewels technique!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a great idea to use the gingerbread as ornaments in your tree! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Bobby said...

I've been wanting to try this technique, Bonnie, and after seeing these darling gingerbread men, I'll be getting out my griddle.

Trina P. said...

Adorable, Bonnie! Perfect use of this technique... in fact, I think it’s genius! Awesome card! xx

Sandy said...

I love Gingerbread at Christmas! I loved this card with your delicious looking gingerbread men!
I have some questions for you -- What kind of craft mat did you use on your electric griddle - what temp did you use?
What a creative idea and how in the world did you come up with it?
Bravo Bonnie!!
Sandy xx

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous encrusted technique on those ever so cute gingerbread men. They look amazing....good enough to eat LOL x Stand out card, fun and love the sentiment too x

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful thick embossing on your sweet gingerbread men Bonnie! love the glitter in them!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! This card is amazing! I had never heard of that technique. I couldn't get your link to work. So I looked it up and watched in on Utube...
Now I have to tell you that you are an enabler! Smile. I must give that a try!

Bonnie said...

Thanks for letting me know the link doesn't work, Jill. I have it fixed now.

LesleyG said...

Wow! Your gingerbread are amazing, what a fab card. You are very brave and clever to do all that, I think I would have got into a hot sticky mess! Happy RD xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW those gingerbread men look so adorable
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

scrappymo! said...

Loving the sound of this technique. They look just like cookies! Beautiful card, Bonnie.

Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.