Thursday, May 17, 2018

Snowman on Skis for CAS Christmas Reminder

Hello friends.

There's just over a week left to join in at CAS Christmas.

I had so much fun creating this guy!


Susan chose a fun challenge at CAS Christmas this month.

I put this stamp from Serendipity in my MISTI and inked him with markers,
using my water brush after each stamping.  I repeated inking and stamping
until I was happy with the results.

It was really fun watching him come to life bit by bit!

Serendipity is having  a blog hop and if you comment on all the hoppers
you're entered into a random drawing for a $20.00 gift certificate.
There's also lots of $1.00 stamps and a great deal on a grab bag at the 
Serendipity store.
Inspriation and bargains. What a deal!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Snowman on Skis (Serendipity), Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Distress Markers, Smokey Gray (Versafine)
Paper:   Watercolor (TH), Neehah, Pool Party (SU)
Other:  Polar White Flower Soft, Bakers Twine


18 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a CUTE snowman, Bonnie! I love how you brought him to life and created movement with your beautiful coloring, too! Definitely a 'Festive' CAS Christmas card!
Thank you again for having me along as your GD for the month of May...I've really enjoyed myself!

LeAnne said...

OH MY GOSH, he is ADORABLE!! My favorite little snowman EVER!

jimlynn said...

Great coloring on this festive little guy! Love that image and your card is adorable.
Lynn

Sandy said...

Oh No I love snowmen - and this card gets an A+ and a big smile from me!!!
Sandy xx

Liz said...

What an adorable snowman, Bonnie, beautiful card. xx

Jo said...

He is one cutie, I would definitely go skiing with him tomorrow since there's still ski on the slopes. Summer shorts and a T-shirt right now, but for me, I'll will absolutely take his scarf, mitts and hat.
Again, beautiful soft colours, loving your colour combo too. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love this cute skiing snowman, Bonnie! Your fantastic watercoloring with the distress markers totally brings him to life. It's soft, pretty, and delicate. The Pool Party matting and the red & white bakers twine are perfect, matching the colors used for the snowman. Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

this might have to go on my Serendipity wish list, your snowman is so cute and yourwater colouring is amazing :)

Loll said...

What a happy snowman ... so sweet with your wonderful watercolouring, Bonnie. I love the twine at the top of the card. xx

Viv said...

Oh my goodness - he is soooo cute Bonnie! Love him (and the card!)x

JosieD said...

What a happy, cute as a button snowman. Your coloring technique keeps the look soft. Fun to look at as we head in to 90 degree NC summer weather(!!)

JoAnn said...

Oh, what a cute snowman. Your coloring looks fabulous and he looks like he moving right down that hill.

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Bonnie...this snowman is absolutely ADORABLE and I just love how you water colored him!! What a truly delightful card...frame worth my friend! LOVE it!! :0)

Trina P. said...

Your MISTI stamping and watercolouring looks amazing, Bonnie! I can just imagine how much fun you had with this adorable guy. Love the colours. xx

Mac Mable said...

Sure did come to life and what a wonderful water colour effect. So so pretty and utterly adorable x

Nstiz said...

You did an outstanding job with this technique, Bonnie. This is my newest and favorite on to do and never thought to use it on something besides scenic and flowers. Love the effect! His sweater and hat look so fuzzy and soft!

BożenA said...

But fun! You also had a good time with staining watercolors and the end result is amazing.
BożenA xoxo

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Awesome card. So unusual to see something not a flower from you.