Sunday, May 13, 2018

Rainbow Stripes

Hello friends.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


I'm having fun making rainbows this month for
There are some really pretty rainbow cards joining the gallery too.

To do this background, I swiped some Distress mini ink cubes on a piece 
of acetate one at a time, spritzed and pressed onto mixed media paper.

I let the colors overlap a little and re-inked if the stripe wasn't bright enough.

The trick is lots of water!

I saw this technique here and CASEd Julie's card.
I found it easier to work with the acetate than the acrylic block.

I split the panel and adhered it the two pieces on foam tape to the card front.

The die cut balloon was watercolored with Zigs and covered with Glossy Accents for shine.
I wrapped a piece of twine around the base of the balloon and taped it in the back
then glued the end under thte heat embossed sentiment.

I tried this technique more than once to get this look.

Just saying....

Practice, practice, practice!

I'm going to take this over to the
Craft Stampers Magazine
ANYTHING GOES


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fun Birthday Sentiments (HLS)
Ink:   Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet (DI), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Paper:   Mixed Media (St.), Neenah
Other:  Acetate, Celebration Time Die (SSS), Zigs CCRBM (#50 yellow, #52 Bright Yellow), Glossy Accents, Black EP (SU), Twine (FSJ)


20 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie I LOVE this card, your rainbow background is wonderful. It's such an uplifting card with the bright yellow balloon :)

MaryH said...

Such a bright & festive, fun rainbow, and I love your design idea to split and create the dimension too. Looks wonderful with the floating balloon, and what a perfect card for celebrating Mother's Day (even if it _is_ a Birthday card. It just looks like a Happy card for a Mom!) TFS & Hugs

jimlynn said...

Bright and beautiful - just like I like it! LOVE your card Bonnie and that's a cool technique.
Lynn

Mac Mable said...

Great artsy effect Bonnie and just beautiful...had a chuckle about you perhaps not doing just the one! The yellow balloon is a nice touch too x

Trina P. said...

This rainbow card makes me happy! So bright and beautiful. Love it! xx
ps. happy Mother’s Day to you

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful, Happy card!

Loll said...

Beautiful, bright and very artsy! LOVE your design with the sweet balloon! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Ah Bonnie - this is one of those deceptively simple (looking) cards that take forever to get to look so simple! Love your end card, that balloon is fabulous
Blessings
Maxine

nancy littrell said...

Your watercolored rainbow swipes turned out so cool, Bonnie. I tried the technique too that you will see in the near future. It took me twice too:-) It is a fun artsy technique. I love how you finished your card with the die cut balloon, string and sentiment. TFS, my friend. Hugs...

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a bright, cheerful birthday card. I will go watch the video, thanks for sharing it.

Susanne Vargas said...

Fun layout and colors! Love it!

Nstiz said...

This is such an upbeat and happy card, Bonnie. Thanks for sharing the technique. It also sounds so fun to do. Thanks for sharing this!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Great design and colours Bonnie, a wonderful card.
Faith
x

Susan said...

Fabulous! Love the rainbow stripes as a setting for the balloon. And isn't it amazing how much interest is added to the card by something simple like splitting a panel - such a great design feature on your card.

Kara Lynne said...

Your rainbow background is gorgeous! Good to know it wasn't a first try. I always think it should go well right away, but I guess patience is needed. I love how you split the design too!

Sandy said...

So very happy!!
Sandy xx

Pat said...

Such a bright and pretty rainbow background Bonnie with your beautiful balloon, and love the split in the mat which adds lots of interest to the finished card. x

Jo said...

Wow, I'm glad I stopped by too. ;) Surely will be a HAPPY Birthday. Vivid and so very special.
Your whole concept is special ...for someone special, your efforts were well worth it, xx

Linda said...

I love your rainbow design Bonnie, it looks so bright and cheerful. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

BożenA said...

Sensational rainbow card. Your background is perfect for a birthday balloon. A great design!
Hugs,
BozenA