Thursday, May 31, 2018

May Flower-Lilly of the Valley

Hello Friends.

Edited to add: Mystery solved!  When I mentioned it to DH, he remembered
putting a different flower in the vase since the lily of the valley was past it's prime.
We have wood hyacinths in the yard and I didn't realize they were still blooming
and that he had brought a blossom in.

I can't believe the month is over already!
I barely got my flower of the month done.


This time I chose to stamp on a piece of textured Crumb Cake cardstock
and color with Prismacolor pencils.

I stamped in the middle of the piece with Crumb Cake ink,
then masked that flower and stamped another on each side.

I used Terpenoid with a cosmetic swab (the kind with a pointed end)
to blend the coloring.

We have a flower bed that has lily of the valley growing in it.
Our flowers bloomed in April this year.

I picked a small bouquet that scented the whole house.

Some of the blooms opened in an unusual way, at least to me.



See those at the top of the bouquet?
Instead of little bells that turned brown, some of the flowers opened
up like other lilies.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Year of Flowers Collection, Beautiful Butterflies (PTI)
Ink:   Crumb Cake (SU)
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Crumb Cake Textured, Naturals White (SU)
Other:  Prismacolor Pencils, Turpenoid, Make Up Swabs, Rectangular Peek-a-boo Window die (MFT)


17 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is gorgeous! What a difficult stamp to mask, but you did great!

I think that other white bloom is another flower that might have gotten mixed in with your lily of the valley. The name isn’t coming to me, but we had them at my house when I was growing up.

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie. I love that stamp you used and it looks so good on the Kraft. Great masking job too!
Lynn

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Bonnie!! I never think to use colored pencils but I love the look you achieved using them...SO pretty!! And how wild that some of your blooms opened up like actual lilies...my Lily of the Valley have never done that! Maybe I just need to bring them inside!! :0)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

PS, I think maybe it is a wood hyacinth. They come in several colors including white...

Loll said...

Love how the texture of the card stock shows through with the coloured flowers. So cool. Looks like a linen finish. Your blossoms are so pretty ... on the card and in the vase! So cool how the top ones opened like lilies ... guess that's where they get their name. I've never seen that before. xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Bonnie, those little flowers look so pretty and love the effect of the textured card stock.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite floral panel Bonnie - beautifully masked and coloured! And the brown stamped sentiment is great on the kraft!
Love Lily of the Valley, and I have never seen it opening with the florets facing up!
Blessings
Maxine

Brenda in IN said...

This is gorgeous. We always had lily of the valley when I was growing up. They smell so wonderful. I've never seen one open like that, it is very unique and beautiful. Your coloring on them is just so pretty. The blooms look so authentic.

JosieD said...

Two pretty flower items. Calendar such a neat idea and the look of the card and real lilies of the valley so soothing.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your snowdrops such a beautiful sympathy card and your vase of them is beautiful, with the "strange" flower too.
Faith
x

Mac Mable said...

Nope never seen them open upwards either. Such a beautiful card and love the texture on the card and what fabulous masking. Such a delicate stamp, beautifully coloured and blended. x

Trina P. said...

Doing a bit of catch up today. 😉 Such a lovely card, Bonnie! Wonderful masking and pencil colouring. Love the textured cardstock and your own lily of the valley from your garden. I bet it’s a gorgeous one too. xx

Susanne Vargas said...

Adore this card with the fresh color combo! Lilies of the valley are in bloom here right now! So delicate and fragrant!

BożenA said...

WOW! These lilies look amazing on craft paper. You so beautifully wydobyłaś image from the background.
It's amazing how your flowers have changed, I never thought that the lilies of the valley could flourish :-)
Hugs,
BożenA

Bobby said...

I love the lilies on kraft, Bonnie. Not so much in the yard. They are so invasive and my Mom, bless her heart, transplanted some at the lake and now they are everywhere.

Melanie said...

Bonnie, I love this card! Could you please tell me where you got the sentiment stamp? I love it, and I sincerely need it for a card I want to make for a friend battling cancer right now. Thank you so much!

Bonnie said...

Melanie, The sentiment is from an old and discontinued set by Papertrey Ink called beautiful butterflies. If you need more information, please email me since there is no way to contact you from your profile.