Monday, January 18, 2010

Pretty as a Peacock

I love peacocks and think they are one of the prettiest of God's creatures. I also have a healthy respect for them. When I was a young girl, we visited some cousins that had a peacock. I learned that when they spread their beautiful tail, it was time to get out of the way! Every been chased by a bird? I have but not before I enjoyed seeing his beautiful tail spread out.


Since I wanted more than one color, I inked the stamp with Stampin' Markers then huffed before I stamped. I used a marker to darken the peacock after it was stamped with the Taken with Teal marker. The picture doesn't do a very good job of showing the double eyelet border on the sides, but I assure you it is there. I scored 2 lines beside the border using a stylus and the guide on my paper cutter.

CARD RECIPE

Stamp: Very Thankful (This stamp is available as a Sale-A-Bration item. See back page)

Paper: Take With Teal, Whisper White

Ink: Stampin' Markers, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Night of Navy

Acc.: Eylet Border Punch, Stylus

Here is another version. Which do you like best?

I used Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry from this years In Colors for this one. Again, I used Stampin' Markers to ink the stamp then huffed on it. I just had to use my new favorite Scallop Trim Border punch from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. It has turned out to be a favorite with my Stampin' Friends also.

CARD RECIPE

Stamps: Very Thankful (Available as a Sale-A-Bration choice)
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Night of Navy
Acc: Scallop Trim Border Punch, White Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack

Off to straighten my stamp room. It looks like a wild woman has been in there!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

No comments: