Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring Flowers

We were traveling over the weekend and I'm still trying to catch up! I enjoyed the ride and seeing buds in the trees. Spring can't be far behind. While driving, I listened to "The Da Vinci Code". I listened to it when it first came out. (I can read/listen to a book several times and it's still like the first time.) If I can't stamp, at least I can "read". When I stamp, I can "read" too. I love audio books!

I had a great time getting together and stamping with my Roanoke Rapids friends on Saturday. They always have such good ideas and make beautiful cards.

This card was put together with discards from preparations for classes this month. I love the Vintage Vogue and especially love the big flower in Crushed Curry. The main flower was stamped, then clear embossed, cut out and popped up with dimensionals. I used the vine stamp from the set to stamp on the background of both the card base and the design. I'll add a sentiment when I'm ready to send it.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Vintage Vogue
Paper: So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Certainly Celery, So Saffron
Acc: Scallop Trim Border Punch (free with a $50.00 purchase during Sale-a-Bration), Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Brad

Oh, I finished really reading a book over the weekend too. It was "Wild Swan" by Celeste De Blasis. It's one of my youngest daughter's favorite books. It was a good read but very long. It was published in the 80's. (If it was published now it would have been at least 3 books in a series.) It was an awesome book reminding me in some ways of Gone With the Wind. It had a lot about horse racing and history of England & America in the 1800's. It's the first book in a trilogy. I'm not sure when I'll read the next one, but I definitely will read it.

God bless,

Bonnie

No comments: