Friday, February 11, 2011

One Layer Flutterby

I'm going to post this early since I have a very busy weekend ahead and probably won't get to the computer much.  I could do a scheduled post, but I haven't the foggiest notion how!  That lesson is for another day.

This week's One Layer Wednesday#40 was hosted by Jennifer at Styles Ink.  Now I'm gonna tell you, at first, I thought WHAT?  But then, it wasn't so hard.  Here is the challenge in Jennifer's own words...

This week, the challenge is to use two (and ONLY two) image stamps on your card. That’s right, just two. And no sentiment. You may not use each stamp more than once.

You may also use the following AND ONLY the following: heat embossing and/or markers to colour your stamped images. That means no bling, no ribbon, no hippopotamuses.



All this has to be on a one layer card, defined as one sheet of cardstock folded in half.

The flower is from the Awash with flowers set.  It's actually 2 stamps but it makes one image, right?  I stamped the flower with Melon Mambo and colored it with Pink Pirouette & Melon Mambo markers.  The stem is stamped with Wild Wasabi.  I blended a bit with the blender pen, since my coloring is a bit rough.

The butterfly image is from Nature Walk.  It's stamped with Black StazOn and colored with a Wild Wasabi marker.

I chose the colors from the Curtain Call Color Challenge #68


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Awash with Flowers, Nature Walk
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Black StazOn, SU Markers (Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black Early Espresso)
Paper:  Watercolor
Accessories:  Blender Pen

Enjoy,
Bonnie

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Simply, and CASly, beautiful!!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is just the most beautiful card...yes, even with that one layer. So sweet, and the colors are divine. This turned out to be a great challenge for you.

Doris said...

WOW! This is fabulous! I had a hard time with this challenge, but obviously you didn't...

Pauline said...

Great card. I have these stamps and may just have to case it. Loved the color on the flower. Nice work TFS

Susan said...

Love the colors...and that's a cool flower stamp! Such a pretty card!!

Deborah Frings said...

This is so beautiful! I love the flower!!