Friday, February 25, 2011

Birds Sing


Jennifer nearly stumped me with the One Layer Wednesday challenge at Stylesink this week, I've got the Music in Me.

This week’s challenge is to make a one-layer musical themed card. Anything to do with music. Sheet music, musical instruments, an image of someone singing; anything that in some way relates to music.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

Yeah Jennifer, if you actually have a stamp that relates to music!

I almost ordered the Music Notes wheel last month, but took it out at the last minute.  If I'd only known!

Then I thought, birds sing!  They're the best singers!  So.......


Can you see his beak open?  He's just trilling away!  Aah, I love to hear the birds sing!

I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig again.  I've given it a workout this week!  I am getting a bit better, but it still took 3 tries to get an image I was satisfied with.  I'm learning to release it and place the stamp gently so it doesn't move.  It's slippery!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Punch Potpourri, Apple Blossoms (both are hostess gifts), Just Believe
Ink:  Pacific Point, SU Markers (Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz)
Paper:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks for visiting.  Enjoy!

Bonnie



9 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like you were in the same predicament that I was in...no music related stamps! Looks like you ended up with a really good card. Yep...birds sing...and this little fellow looks like he's belting it out! Love it!

Emily Keaton said...

How perfect for the OLW challenge!! I've got to admit--that one has me scared. :)

Pauline said...

Well of course birds sing and they are good at it too. Loved your card.

Deborah Frings said...

This is lovely - the bird is so sweet - you can almost hear his song!

Suze Bain said...

This is a lovely card bonnie - that wee bird is singing his heart out!

Benzi said...

How sweet! You're right, Bonnie..birds are the best singers. I love to hear them singing their different tunes. Your card is adorable.

Doris said...

Beautiful bird! How clever of you to give him an open beak for this challenge, too.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is my favourite card for this challenge! I love the colour of the bird and how clever to use this image from Just Believe for his little nest, and to change his beak! Gorgeous!

Jennifer Styles said...

Well of course birds sing! So of course they are musical!

I love, love, love this card! Great colours, lovely layout.

Awesome job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW42!

BTW...the bird is a stamp? From a hostess set? Is it pretty much exactly like the punch?