Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nature, Nature


This is for the ColorQ challenge to use Kraft (or Crumb Cake), Cherry Cobbler, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango & White.


Here's my card.....


I had intended to send it over to the Friday Mashup challenge to have a popped up butterfly and I used the sketch from the Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge.  Unfortunately I didn't get it finished & photographed in time to  make those deadlines.

This is a 5" x 7" card.  I used my "whacked embossing folder" twice to deboss the top third of the card.  The butterfly was stamped & colored with a SU Marker, smacked with VersaMark and embossed with clear EP.  I did some paper piercing along the scalloped edge of the Cherry piece.  It doesn't show up in the picture though.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Inspired by Nature, Nature Walk
Ink:  Old Olive (instead of Kiwi Kiss), Black StazOn, SU Markers (Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Whacked EF, Scallop Border Punch, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Clear EP

I've spent a lot of time the past couple of days holding and rocking Luke.  He's had a virus and I'm so glad he still likes to cuddle.  He'll be too big for that soon.  Hopefully he is on the mend and will be back to his regular chatty self tomorrow.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you come back soon.

Enjoy,

Bonnie

6 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Bonnie!! I had fun playing with that color combo, too, and will be posting mine tomorrow. Such a lovely composition!

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie; I love it!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is devine Bonnie, you have chosen perfect stamps for the colours, it is so striking, l love it! into the case file it goes, thanks for the awesome inspiration, as always.

Benzi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful with the Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake..how awesome they look together. This is such a wonderful stamp set. LOVE your card Bonnie!
Sorry the little one is sick..it is so much fun to cuddle, isn't it?

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Bonnie! I so love that flower image. thanks for joining us again at the ColourQ.

Monica said...

So pretty, Bonnie, love the stamp and that butterfly finishes it off so well. The embossing looks perfect.

xxx Monica