Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hearts in Two Colors

Do you have a tendency to make monochromatic Valentines?  The other day, I realized that everything I was making was either red and white, pink and white, or black and white.

So on this one, I added a panel of Regal Rose and a black check bow.


I love this long narrow size for a card.  It's a bit different but still mailable at the regular rate.  The finished card  measures 3 1/4" x 6 1/4".  Stampin' Up!'s open end envelope is a perfect fit.

And then today I saw the Stampin' Up! Only challenge and, hot dog! they were thinking along the same lines.
 YOUR challenge this time around at SUO Challenges – make a Valentine Card with two main colors (and you can add a neutral or two) and share it with us at the SUO Challenge Design Team!

Imagine that!

And adding that Regal Rose panel made such a big difference in the look of the card.  I'm so glad I added it.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  I {Love} Love Jumbo Wheel (cut apart)
Ink:  Real Red
Paper:  Real Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Fashionable Hearts Embosslit, Adorning Accents EF, Gingham Ribbon (retired), Basic Pearls


Tomorrow I'll probably be back to monochromatic.  But that's ok.  I love monochromatic.

I'm so glad you popped in.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love the Regal Rose on here Bonnie and the card is stunning! LOVE IT!
Lynn

Emily Keaton said...

That's a beauty, Bonnie!! I like making long cards, too, just as long as I have the right size envelope ;).

Cindy said...

Wonderful combination of colors - and the black gingham check ribbon is perfect! Glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

Cynthia said...

I really, really love this card. I love that the embossed dots don't cover the card. And I love the LOVE font.

Aileen said...

It's very sweet and the regal rose does add a little extra. x

Benzi said...

Love this long card, Bonnie. The little hearts at the top and the gingham ribbon are winners. Great card!

Deb Hoekstra said...

Wow! Beautiful card...simple but eye catching. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am totally taking a page from your book on making simple yet elegant Valentines, Bonnie!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the simplicity of design on this card. Very effective!! I, too, love monochromatic colors. TFS

Jen Timko said...

Wonderful, Bonnie! Love the little pearls on the hearts! So glad you joined us at SUO Challenges!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful, Bonnie!