Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Merry Messages

Another Christmas card for the stash.


This is the sketch for Merry Monday challenge this week.


I used one of the new Framelit Labels dies to cut the design.  After I cut it, I left it in the die and traced around the edge with my red marker.  To make the narrow mat, I cut 2 pieces of green with the same die.  I cut both in half; one the long way and the other the short way and pieced them to the back of the design.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Many Merry Messages, Bells and Boughs
Ink:  Garden Green, SU Markers (Garden Green, Real Red, Crumb Cake)
Paper:  Whisper White, Garden Green
Other:  Labels Framelits, Square Lattice EF, Blender Pen, Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon


I'm glad you stopped to visit.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Susie said...

Totally love your take on this sketch. Beautiful card.

Kim Evans said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie!! I love how you made the 2nd mat, very clever :-) Thanks for sharing!!

Shelia said...

what an elegant beauty this is!!

Cynthia said...

Yep, I totally agree that your layering is very clever. I think outlining the die cut shape is clever too! Very pretty card!!

Vicky Hayes said...

I really like that CAS sketch and you've made a lovely card with it Bonnie! I like the way your label overlaps the ribbon.

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are really rocking these Merry Monday sketches, Bonnie! This is absolutely lovely.

jimlynn said...

Elegant, beautiful, and a perfect card for Christmas!
Lynn

Wendy said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Bonnie! Love how you used the Labels Framelits! :)

Lesley said...

So pretty Bonnie! I love all the white space and your lovely stamping!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I'll be wishing in about 9-10 months I had been making Christmas cards as early as you. This one is very pretty indeed!

Catie Cuddles said...

love the delicate holly leaves in the back of the sentiment. Love it!

G Peplow said...

Love it, so classic, xx