Friday, May 31, 2013

Featuring Vicki

I was so excited when I saw the Featured Stamper this week is Vicki Burdick!  I met Vicki through the Merry Monday Challenge and I've been in awe of her talent ever since. She has a wonderful gallery at SCS under the name justcrazy.  And she has even more on her blog It's a Stamp Thing.  I fear I didn't do her talent justice.  This is the card I CASEd.  And here is my card.



I used the new little daisy silhouette stamp in the Best of Flowers set.  It's smaller than the original Upsy Daisy stamp.  I pretty much stuck to her layout.  I used the colors from Dynamic Duos (Bashful Blue and Midnight Muse), but I'm too late to get it in their gallery.  

Then I thought, why didn't I use the colors from the Color Challenge at SCS this week.



So I did another one.  They don't close the doors on their challenges so I know I can get in there.

Here it is in Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo and Pool Party.


I got over zealous on trimming up the design and it ended up smaller than I intended.  Oops! So I did the paper piercing on the background instead of the design.

And while I'm at it, I might as well show you the other card I made with the Dynamic Duo colors. 


And then I put this set up for a bit.  I've had a lot of fun playing with it though.

I hope you've enjoyed the results.

All supplies are Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Best of Flowers, Simply Sketched (hostess set in the new catalog)
Ink:  SU Markers (Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake)
Paper:  Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Other:  Framed Tulips EF, Color Spritzer Tool, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Rhinestones

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Best of Flowers, Simply Sketched
Ink:  SU Markers (Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo)
Paper:  Whisper White, Pool Party
Other: Framed Tulips EF, Color Spritzer Tool, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Best of Flowers, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Other:  Square Lattice EF, Stampin' Sponge, White Gel Pen

Hope you have a great weekend and find some time to stamp!

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Susie said...

Bonnie, I think you've done a wonderful job of CASEing Vicki's card. I love both for sure, but I think I like your smaller version best. I held my laptop up close and it appears you created a little "splatter" and then stamped your image - yes? The paper piercing looks fabulous with that wonderful framed tulip embossing folder too. My favorite of all three cards is the color combo of number 2. Just a great, great, birthday card. So glad I've had a chance to see your blog as well.

Sincerely,
Susie Lessard (aka paperpunchscissors on SCS)
My Blog: www.summerwalkdesigns.com

LeAnne said...

Just gorgeous!

Benzi said...

Two beautiful cards, Bonnie. I love that image you used. It's just so sweet. Great colors on these cards, too.

MaryH said...

Well, all I can say about these cards, is DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE A FAVORITE! I liked every single one of 'em, (and your CASE card too!). I think you did a fine job CASEing, and yours had your own unique stamping personality on it. That was inspired to pierce on the backgrd to create a border for your stamped image too! Each of the 3 cards had a most individual look using the same stamp. You're a genius! TFS, and happy weekend.

Cynthia said...

Excellent CASEing job!! Love those gorgeous colors and layers! I might just CASE you CASEing Vicki!!! ;-)

Emily Keaton said...

Goodness, I do love all the different variations of this creation, Bonnie! Those daisies look amazing on the smaller panel. You have been busy and I love the results!

Susan said...

I love all three versions! No wonder, since blue is my favourite colour. Great idea to make a couple of variations while the stamp is out. And a great reminder to me to use my colour spritzer more often!

Greta said...

Your cards are so lovely, Bonnie! I like the piercing on the background & fun to see the card done in 2 different color schemes!

Maria said...

All cards are beautiful with lovely color and sweet pretty flowers...great job!!!

Darnell said...

I feel like I should be paying for this wonderful post, Bon Bon!! Thank you for all the creativity and recipes!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful set of cards Bonnie, that stamp is gorgeous, Cathy x

jimlynn said...

All are gorgeous. Love the smaller version of that stamp.
Lynn