Monday, May 20, 2013

Merry Monday Bells and Boughs

It's Merry Monday time again. And Lesley has another wonderful sketch!


I love the CASness of this sketch.  And it was a perfect opportunity to spotlight another retiring set, Bells and Boughs.


I didn't do a very good job of coloring these bells. They're kind of spotchy looking.  Lol, that's what happens when I work on cards at night.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells and Boughs, Small Script (retired)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Encore Gold, SU Markers (More Mustard, Garden Green, Handsome Hunter, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold
Other:  Gold EP, Petals a Plenty EF, 2 3/8: Scallop Circle Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Basic Pearls

I love how my stash of Christmas cards is growing!  If you'd like to grow your stash, I hope you'll join us at Merry Monday.  And check out the wonderful samples the rest of the design team has come up with.



Have you ever had Pig Candy?  One of our daughters celebrated her birthday Saturday and they fixed us some.  It's delicious!  Just thick sliced bacon sprinkled with brown sugar and grilled.  They also fixed us Atomic Buffalo Turd.  Sounds disgusting doesn't it?   It was delicious! (And no pasture scraping involved.)  That was just the appetizers!  What a fun day!  Good food and all our family together. 

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!



19 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love that embossing folder.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I love this card and what a wonderful sketch. I sure hope I can play this week.

Oh my goodness, never heard of that candy nor the appetizer. But, I'm taking your word for it that it was delicious. LOL

Glad you had a good weekend with famiy.

Wendy said...

Love your coloring of the bells, Bonnie! Ohh and the added pearls! Such a pretty card!
Have a great week ahead! :)

Lesley said...

I love your card Bonnie, the bells look terrific! The white background allows them to shine!

Marisa said...

Great EF and love the way you added the pearls to the bells. Lovely take on the sketch.

Cynthia said...

The uhhhh...Atomic Buffalo Turd had me laughing!! =D I don't think I've ever heard of either, but I'm so glad they're actually GOOD!! ;-)

Love the layers and the colors on this card! So cute!!

Anonymous said...

Another lovely card for your Christmas box Bonnie :)Perfect take on the sketch.
Sounds you had a lovely family time-i'm not tooo sure about the Buffalo item though LOL!!
Nessa xx

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie. Love your embossing in the white and your bells look fab featured in the circle. x

jimlynn said...

I think the bells are great! Such a pretty image and love your wonderful Christmas card!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

I think your bells are FINE....but I know what you mean about stamping at night.....tired, tired, tired eyes! I do love the pearls and your embossing! So pretty!

Jules said...

Great use of the sketch Bonnie and I love how you have added pearls to the bells. A great finishing touch.

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Tenia Nelson said...

What a beautiful card!! :)

Darnell said...

So, wait. You're basically saying you had pig shit? LOL! Wish I had been there!!

Great card today, Bon Bon! You shouldn't diss your "blotchy" bells. There are artists who work very, very hard to get that exact blotchy look!

Susan Joyce said...

Great card Bonnie, love every detail.

Emily Keaton said...

What a lovely take on the sketch, Bonnie! I really love that poinsettia-embossed background.

And really, how could you not love *anything* made with bacon!!! Sounds like some fun appetizers. :)

Susan said...

Lovely card, Bonnie. I'm home from 3 weeks of vacation and eager to get back to making my Christmas cards and catching up on some challenges. I'll have to give this sketch a try!

Notes by Nina said...

Great card Bonnie, I love all the texture. The bells looks wonderful with all those pearls.

Narelle Farrugia said...

You are the Queen of CASness Bonnie - love all that white - you make it look so easy!

Margaret Moody said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! Love the wonderful texture and I think you did a fabulous job of coloring your bells!