Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Autumn Leaves


I love the Autumn with the colors of the leaves and cooler temperatures.

I hadn't colored with my watercolor pencils in ages.

I pulled them out and colored up these leaves.

Actually, I messed up coloring the leaves first go round.

So I stamped them again on the punched out piece and did a better job of coloring.

Then I fussy cut them out and shaped them with a bone folder 
before popping them over the mistake with dimensionals.

I love the dimension it added.

A happy accident.

I thought this embossing folder was perfect to 
let the leaves be the spotlight among the forest.

I've been enjoying the videos from the Online Card Class.
These videos are very informative and offer lots of tips and techniques.
Day 3 included Watercolor Pencils.


I'm so glad you stopped by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree (SU), Perfectly Penned (retired SU)
Ink: Black StazOn
Paper:  Solar White (Neena)
Other: Woodland EF (SU), Watercolor Pencils (SU), Blender Pen (SU)

18 comments:

Barb said...

This card is perfect Bonnie. I love absolutely everything about it. Barbxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the cut out and the tree embossing to match the leaves, so very pretty.

kiwimeskreations said...

How elegant - love your 'happy mistake' and remedy, made for a wonderful card.
Blessings
Maxine

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Bonnie, I love your "mistake" and the way you fixed it, lots of dimension and beauty in this leaves. The SU Woodland embossing folder is simply gorgeous, it's one of the first things I ordered from the new Holiday Catalog.
I love the sentiment, it's also a beautiful set, sadly retired, that I'm lucky to have.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria.

Susan said...

I just ordered that new embossing folder so it's great to see it in use. I love the way you get out the partial circle and I love your fussy cut leaves being shaped and popped up.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm with you. I love fall. This is a great EF and I love what you've done with it here. Great leaves too. Water coloring is the bomb!

Pat said...

The embossed trees make a fabulous background Bonnie and the leaves in the cut out are lovely and beautifully coloured. x

OH Babs said...

I really like the card Bonnie, beginning with the EF. The cut out is a good way to feature the focus piece. I am guessing you are having fall weather - we are not. Arghhhhh! Barb

Darnell said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! I love working with watercolor pencils, but I've forgotten about them since getting the Ziggies. Thanks for the reminder. I also signed up for the class, which I might be able to take next year, haha! Sorry I've been so absent. Thank you for commenting on my posts anyway and for your prayers for Kevin!! Mwah! Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Your accident turned into a beautiful card with "dimension". It looks great and you did a good job with the pencils. I like the way you cut the circle and inserted the leaves. That's a fun design.

Sue - said...

Gorgeous card as usual Bonnie. I do like the cut out which really highlights the leaves.

Marybeth said...

Oh , how I love this embossing folder with the beautiful fall leaves! Beautiful, Bonnie!

alexandra s.m. said...

GENIUS! Love the idea of cutting a piece of a circle in the background to showcase the main element of the card! Your card is beautiful Bonnie!

laurie said...

Awesome idea! Love that embossed background, it's on my wish list. Perfect fall card, Bonnie! Have a great weekend!

LesleyG said...

love your happy accident card. I have a leaf stamp set on my desk, can't wait to play now :) xxx

Sandy said...

I have this background die Bonnie and never thought of using it this way. You just gave me tons of ideas and inspiration. Now if only I could remember my ideas!
Love this card!!
sandy xx

Nance said...

Ooo, very pretty! Like how you made a cut out and then kind of spotlighted the leaves!

Bobby said...

I love how you spotlighted the leaves with the circle cut out of the embossed background. It's so lovely. Bonnie.