Sunday, September 27, 2015

World of Dreams



Sometimes I like to take a silhouette stamp and color it with markers.

That's what I did here.

I used different SU Markers and colored the different elements
then huffed on it and stamped.

I did a tiny bit of touching up with the markers.

I liked the way it turned out.

Much more tedious than doing it as a silhouette though.

There's still time to enter
What an amazing gallery!



I'm entering in

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
No patterned paper.

This was an easy one for me.
My patterned paper is for hoarding purposes only. Ha!

DH and I spent a few days visiting his family.
The weather was wonderful and I spent a lot of time sitting on the patio 
reading a good book.
Such a nice, relaxing time!
But it has put me behind on commenting and visiting you.

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  World of Dreams
Ink:  Whisper White, SU Markers
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Sahara Sand (SU), Vellum
Other:  White EP, Stripes EF (retired SU), Ovals Collection Dies (SU), Floral Ovals Die (Spellbinders)


17 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Just beautiful, Bonnie! I love your soft and subtle treatment of this stamp.

jimlynn said...

I've never thought of using a silhouette stamp and coloring it with markers! Love the look! VERY pretty card Bonnie.
Lynn

KatheD said...

Bonnie, this is so sweet! I didn't recognize the stamp until you said it was a silhouette - what a great way to "stretch" your stamps!

MaryH said...

The coloring on the stamp works wonderfully well on your silhouette image. It made a very watercolor-y look to the stamped image. Until I read the post, thought it was more of your fantastic w/c skills at work here. I love this image (no big surprise huh?), and it looks lovely against the crisp white. TFS & Have a good week.

Bobby said...

Love that darling image, Bonnie, and that oval die is fantastic.

Greta said...

Worth the effort--beautiful card, Bonnie!

Sandy said...

So sweet Bonnie!
Sandy xx

Virginia L. said...

What darling and delightful card, Bonnie! I love the blue that you used on these birdies. The vellum sentiment with the delicate die are lovely touches! GREAT attentions to details! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “No Design Paper” Challenge! Thank you also for stopping by my blog!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie this is just gorgeous - love the delicate look to the stamped image, and the sentiment on vellum is the perfect accent.
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How delicate and beautiful.

Susan said...

You made me laugh with your comment about patterned paper being for hoarding only! That could apply to me too! This year I made a New Year's resolution to make one card a week with patterned paper - sadly I didn't manage to stick to it!

Love your sweet card - such nice soft colours!

Barb said...

Your technique really works on these two cute little bird Bonnie. A very pretty card. Barbxx

Loll said...

Sweet!! Love your adorable image ... and colouring with markers really gives it so much more interest. Great job ... it was worth the extra time. :)

You are so funny about hoarding patterned paper. I'm exactly the same. :) We should start a support group! :) xx

Toni said...

Bonnie, you did a great job fancifying that silhouette image! It's downright charming. Plus, I love the diecut you used which happens to be the only "frou-frou" one I have--you've made me want to get it out and use it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Toni
HLS CAS DT

Linda said...

Gorgeous as always .... so charming and delicate xx

Marybeth said...

Now I need to know what that good book is. Beautiful huffing stamped project!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is so delicate and gorgeous! You are right about it being more work this way but the results are so worth it.