Sunday, December 2, 2018

Red Delight Guest Designing for Penny Black & More

Hello.  I am so pleased to be Guest Designing at Penny Black and More today.


Their challenge is to use 'Traditional Christmas Colors" greens, red, golds.

I have really enjoyed this Penny Black Red Delight stamp.

I've stamped it using my MISTI and Distress inks.

This is my second try on this design.  The first time my wash looked like
I'd spilled Pepto Bismol on it!

This time I stamped the finished flower with Versamark
and clear embossed it.  It kept the red from bleeding so much.

I smooshed some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on my palette and
used the wet on wet technique, picked up the ink on my brush for the wash.




I mounted the watercolor piece on foam to minimize the warping and
put it on a larger piece of gold foil.

The sentiment is heat embossed with gold too.

I know it's a really busy month, but I hope you'll find time to join the

Also,  CAS Mix Up
Using stamping, emboss resist and watercolor



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Red Delight, Season't Wishes (PB)
Ink:   Spun Sugar, Festive Berries, Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass (DI), Candied Apple, Barn Door, Peeled Paint (DM), Versamark, Encore Gold
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 Series), Neenah, Gold Foil (SU)
Other:  Clear EP, Gold EP, Gold Dazzling Details (SU), MISTI


20 comments:

Darwin Girl said...

Lovely colours.

Virginia P FL said...

Simply Gorgeous!

JosieD said...

Bonnie, a big CONGRATS for guest designing at PB. What a beautiful card...the coloring, the foil, and all your wonderful touches. A refreshing different feel to a Christmas card. You are so creative!

jimlynn said...

A big congrats on being the guest designer! All your cards using the PB stamps are so beautiful.
LOVE this gorgeous poinsettia. The gold just sets off the entire card too. So beautiful!
Lynn

Emma said...

Really Awesome... Christmas Wishes for Parents

Marcia Hill said...

And let me add my CONGRATS too Bonnie...what an honor to GD for PB!! Your card is so elegant and just absolutely GORGEOUS!! The reds in your Poinsettia are so vibrant and I'm loving the light blue wash surrounding it! Goof idea to emboss the flower in clear so it doesn't bleed...going to have to remember that tip!! Love the gold accents too...lovely, lovely card my friend! :0)

Viv said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! Well done on the GDT Sport too! x

Nstiz said...

Congratulations on being guest designer for Penny Black! Love this poinsettia, Bonnie. You did a fabulous job with this stamp. The gold trim is wonderful on this and your wash is so perfectly done too!

nancy littrell said...

Your watercolored poinsettia is simply beautiful, Bonnie. I love your light wash and gold accents too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

Christine Alexander said...

Congratulations Bonnie on being GD at Penny black and More. Beautiful watercolouring on this stunning poinsettia and love your background blue wash :)

Susan said...

Beautiful use of the traditional colours! And great watercolouring and background wash. Congratulations on the GD spot at Penny Black!

Mac Mable said...

Many congratulations on guesting Bonnie and what a beautiful card you've made. Your water colouring looks fabulous and that stamped image is so very pretty x.

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations on your PB spot Bonnie - a well deserved recognition. this is stunning - love the gold accents - subtle but they add so much richness.
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

Congrats on being GD at PBSC, Bonnie! Gorgeous card you've created. I love the vibrant colours of your poinsettia with your soft, delicate coloured background. The gold framing with stripes is a beautiful design element. xx

Jo said...

Wowsers this poinsettia is stunning. Pepto Bismol, made me laugh, that’s what I on right now.
Gold foil compliments this painting terrifically. Congrats one the GD with Penny Black. Love their stamps that you chose so wisely xx

Sandy said...

Well Pepto Bismol does have it use - just not on cards.
When you say you use distress inks - are you using the pads or the re-inkers?
After we are settled in High Point, I want to start making cards again. Your cards really inspire me. I do love the Penny Black images. I am making Christmas cards now for family and friends and thanks to you I am using my Misti - wonderful gadget!!
Sandy xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congratulations on the Guest Designer spot, Bonnie! This is gorgeous! I especially love the beautiful wash. I can imagine the shine of the clear heat-embossed poinsettia is so pretty. The gold strips are an elegant finishing touch.
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

I love the golden frame in front of this beautiful watercolor. I love this poinsettia flower, it is so elegant.
Hugs,
BozenA

Darnell said...

Congratulations on guest designing, Bon-Bon! It's a gorgeous card! I love the colors, especially how you have just the right little touch of pink in the sky! It's even more beautiful in person ~ thank you very much!! Hugs, Dolly

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful watercolor look to your lovely poinsettia Bonnie!