Saturday, March 21, 2020

Coloring

Hello friends.  I'm so glad you stopped by.

While on my break, I've been doing a lot of coloring.

I participated in Kathy Racoosin's Online Class,
The Coloring Challenge Road Trip.
I had so much fun with the class and learned a lot.

Right now Kathy is hosting one of her
30 Day Coloring Challenges
and I've enjoy checking in with her each day and
doing some coloring along the way.
Thanks for all the inspiration, Kathy!

Day One was Coloring with Sharpies.
What?

I pulled some Sharpies out of the grandkids supplies and went to work
on a NBUS stamp.


I stamped with Memento Toffee Crunch ink onto Neenah cardstock
 and used orange and red Sharpies.  I used both the fine tip and ultra fine tip types.

The stems were done with Watercolor Pencils and I used a bit
of white gouache paint to splatter.

While the stamp was in my MISTI, I stamped again with Shadow Gray Archival ink
on mixed media paper.

This time I colored with Arteza Twimarkers and blended with my waterbrush.

Adding highlights to the nooks and crannies with colored pencils
works beautifully with both media.

I can't decide which way I like the best!
Both were fun ways to color and I was pleased with the results of both.

I hope you are all healthy and taking advantage of our enforced time at home.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Bitty Blossoms (GKD), Agapanthus (TT)
Ink:   Memento Toffee Crunch, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:   Neenah, Basic Black

Other:  Sharpies (Orange, Red), Arteza Watercolor Pencils (Moss Green, Olive, Green, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Yellow), Double Pierced Square (AE), Subtle EF (SU)


Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Bitty Blossoms (GKD), Handwritten Notes (PTI)
Ink:   Smokey Grey Archival, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Neenah, Mixed Media, Basic Black  
Other:  Arteza Twimarkers (249 Bumblebee, 113 Orange, 114 Ruby Red, 135 Olive, 192 Sage Green)


26 comments:

Pat said...

Two gorgeous cards and equally as lovely in my opinion Bonnie and both the Sharpies and the Twimarkers have worked well. I'm glad you enjoyed your break and did some other creative things that you wouldn't normally have as much time for. Take care. x

Liz said...

Hard to choose a favourite, Bonnie. Both cards are beautiful and so striking with the red flowers against the white. xx

Marcia Hill said...

These are both absolutely BEAUTIFUL Bonnie and can't believe the results you got with just regular Sharpie markers! Sounds like you've been keeping busy and having fun with the online coloring class...not always a bad thing to be home every day is it?! Take care. Hugs. :0)

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Bonnie love those beautiful flowers.
I hope you are staying safe during this difficult time :(
Hugs Christine

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh Bonnie, both these cards are simply gorgeous... the red flowers are amazing against the white with the lovely stitched framing on textured card and fine black edge - your colouring is wonderful, hugs Robyn --- all good at our place

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful colouring on both these stunning cards Bonnie - they are amazing!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Viv said...

Just fabulous cards Bonnie. Gorgeous colouring on them both. Stay safe. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards, beautiful colouring and design.
Faith x

Marian said...

These are both so pretty. Always look forward to seeing what you create.

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, they are both so beautiful! I'm intrigued when I watch Kathy color with Sharpies... I can see you've learned her lessons well!
Thanks for showing us your gorgeous homework - A+++ btw!
=]

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! What a beautiful depth of colour you achieved and two stunning cards!! Stay well my friend x

JoAnn said...

Glad you enjoyed your break and got lots of coloring done. Wow, these are gorgeous. Hard to believe you colored them with Sharpies. Love the pretty red blooms and the layout of each card. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed day.

jimlynn said...

Your coloring with the Sharpies is outstanding!!! So beautiful and a beautiful card too! Love it.
Lynn

Nstiz said...

WOW! Just WOW on your coloring! I’ve never been able to color with dye markers but you’ve mastered it. Oh how I wish I could come to one of your classes. These both look outstanding, Bonnie. They are so bright and bold! Great work!

Brenda in IN said...

These are stunning. Both are so bright and vibrant and that stamp is so pretty. I never thought to color with Sharpies and I have some here somewhere. I really like that double framing on your second card, it is dramatic. I'm glad you are relaxing and using your time off to do something fun like coloring.

Colleen said...

I am glad to see you making cards, since what else can you do all day everyday during a lock down? Or at least when you don't want to be out in public! These two cards are amazing and even more so that you colored one with sharpies and have such excellent results! Bravo!
You stay safe too! Heart Hugs, Col

Bobby said...

I'm glad you've been keeping your artistic hands busy, Bonnie. Both cards are beautifully done and I couldn't pick one over the other.

Trina P. said...

Your break sure did you some good, Bonnie. Beautiful cards. Your colouring in both mediums is gorgeous! I saw Kathy's Sharpie colouring and (no surprise) my wishlist grew again since I have no kids or grandkids to borrow some. *lol* 😂

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is quite striking in red. Lovely job. Stay well.

Mac Mable said...

Well done you on finding the time to do the classes and taking time out x. Both cards are so beautiful and I do like the texture on the white cardstock and how you've framed them and matted them with that black card.
Both mediums look wonderful Bonnie and so very pretty. Nope ....no favourite from me because I love them both x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Bonnie! I'm especially impressed with your Sharpies coloring. I didn't know that you can make all these wonderful shades with Sharpies, not Copics, right? I saw Cathy R's online class trailer just now. (Thanks for the link.) I should take her class to get rid of my fear/pressure of coloring!!
Love your framing and matting too!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Your colouring is amazing on both cards, Bonnie. Sharpies??!! Who knew??!! :) And I love the watercolour marker card too. Both are so vibrant with great shading to give the flowers lots of dimension. Fabulous work, my friend! xx

JosieD said...

What a great way to spend time these crazy days we are experiencing...learning more about water coloring and making beautiful cards to send! Stay well, my friend.

Sandy said...

Beautifully colored Bonnie and that red is Gorgeous! Who would have thunk!!!
Sandy xx

Jo said...

Really? Sharpies? What great intensity and depth to those blooms. Ok, got to try sharpies LOL.
A beautiful window of hope xx

BożenA said...

Both methods have produced perfect results. Great two cards, Bonnie.
Hugs,
BożenA