Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Beary Party

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!


A sweet friend sent me a stamping(s) of this sweet bear and I had him all
colored up and waiting for a home.

When I saw the Inspired By Challenge last week, I knew it was the
perfect time to pull him out. So let's Cele-bear-ate!


I was inspired by the bear, his hat and the stripes.

I chose a birthday hat because I knew it would work well for a birthday card.
My stripes are in some patterned paper.

The bear was colored with Copics and the hat with markers
I thought the hat needed a little more somethin' and I uses a scalloped
diamond die to cut some "ruffles".

It was fun working with this guy and he made me smile all afternoon.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Honey Bear (Sugar Pea Designs), Crazy Things (TH), Bitty Birthday Wishes (MFT-My Favorite Things)
Ink:   CP, Wow Embossing, Cameo Coral, Sage Shadow (SU Markers)
Paper:   Neenah, Milk Chocolate (MFT). Patterned Paper (ret. SU)
Other:  Copics (E01, E11, E21, E23, E25, E33, C10), White EP, Skinny Strips Die (MFT), Scallop Diamond Tags (Pretty Pink Posh)


22 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

sooo delightful!! Thanks for the big smile on my face.
xx Karen

HilaryJane said...

That bear certainly is perfect for the challenge, love his party hat too xx

Danni Reid said...

I opened this up and couldn't stop smiling either, he's perfect Bonnie! You've colored him so sweetly and that hat is so perfect. Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week with your awesome card!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwww...you used my favorite bear image Bonnie! He totally makes me smile and looks fabulous in his birthday hat and surrounded by all those wonderful stripes! AWESOME birthday card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Leslie Miller said...

You've just GOT to love that face! He's the cutest thing with his party hat, and now he's making me smile, too!

Vicky Hayes said...

He's adorable Bonnie and I'm not surprised you smiled while making this card - I'm smiling too! Loving your angled positioning of your sentiment and bear panel. Vicky x

Mac Mable said...

He made me smile too Bonnie x. He sure is ready to party x.

JD/ Jill said...

Adorable!

Pat said...

Well Bonnie, your bear image couldn't have been more right for the challenge and love the background striped paper and a great sentiment too. x

Christine Alexander said...

He's adorable Bonnie, the challenge was just made for him :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Bonnie - that bear is enough to make anyone smile, and his hat is a delight with it's ruffled edge :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Patti H. said...

Such a fun card! I love that bear & the added ruffles on his hat are perfect. Makes me smile!

I Card Everyone said...

OH look at this cute party hat! The addition of the ruffle makes it a bit 3D as I see it, Bonnie!
So un-bear-ieveably cute!!
Seeing you, and your bear, in our gallery made ME smile! Thanks so very much for playing along!
=]

Susan said...

Such an adorable bear! And a great take on the inspiration image.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

He gave me a big smile so did your card!.
Faith x

TK said...

Sweet bear, perfect hat! He looks perfect, inspired by the inspiration bear

Ros Crawford said...

This made me smile today... Love it!

Loll said...

He made me smile too, Bonnie! What a fun card and a fun design. Isn't it great to make a card that keeps us smiling the whole time??!! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your bear is so cute with the birthday hat with “ruffles”, Bonnie! He makes me smile. :-)
You did a fantastic job of Copics coloring. The bear’s hair looks so soft and smooth with wonderful shading. The way you incorporated the strips in the card is so clever!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

Great use of this cute bear. This card is perfect for both a child and a cheerful person. Sweet birthday card
xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling bear with his party hat - looks like he's having fun!!

Jo said...

Isn't he cut, he's ready to party. Such a fun card, I recognized the similarity LOL!