Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Pine and Holly

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have two more Christmas cards to share.

First up is a dimensional pine tree from a die that Dee's Distinctively recently
sent to me.  The die has lots of layers and I used just a few of them for this tree.

After cutting it, I sponged some ink on the edges, then used an embossing pen
along the edges of the branches and heat embossed with puff embossing powder.

The layers are put together with dimensionals and I cut the shank off a button
to decorate the top.

This is a CASE of a card by my dear friend Loll (Stamping with Loll) for
a challenge at Inspired By.  She was the winner of that challenge and I am
CASEing her card for the current Inspired By challenge.  It's their 200th
challenge this time.  Woot! Congratulations!

I was inspired by the green and white and wonderful texture and dimension.
My button star is a tip of the hat to her plaid.

Thank you for the inspiration, my dear friend.

Loll's card.

I'm sharing this at Double D Challenge too since there's lots of white.


and another card this time using a page from a past calendar.

 

Challenges:
Double D - Lots of White
Inspired By - Past Winner, Loll from IB#189, October 2021
Peace on Earth #6 - ATG but I was inspired by the greenery and berries
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff - Jumbo Tree Stacker 

 
 


Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Rustic Wilderness
Paper:   Gumball Green, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Jumbo Tree Stacker die (Dee's Distinctively), WOW Embossing Marker, White Puff EP (HA), Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), Kars Snow EF (ret. Cuttlebug)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Holly Sprig (PB)
Ink:  Old Olive, Handsome Hunter, Real Red (SU)
Paper:  Neenah, Solar White, Pistachio Pudding, Red Glimmer (SU)
Other:  Wonderful Words Holiday Die (PTI), Subtle EF (SU), Nuvo Crystal Glaze 


Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Enjoy!




23 comments:

Nstiz said...

Both cards are so well done. I LOVE that tree and the patterned star you used on the top! That is one, really wonderful die set. Also love that you used the image from one of your calendar pages for the second card too!

Darlene said...

Oh Bonnie these cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lots of White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Thanks for also sharing your talent with us over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

LeAnne said...

Very cute! I love how you were inspired...that little tree is adorable, especially with the plaid star!

Lisa Elton said...

I was drawn to that little plaid star immediately! What a sweet card, Bonnie. I'm so happy you joined us for our 200th! Love your holly card as well. The sparkling merry is extra festive!

nancy littrell said...

Love your layered die cut tree with the beautiful snow, Bonnie. Your card was perfect for the 3 challenges you entered. Wonderful way to reuse your stamped and watercolored holly image on your 2nd card. TFS both beauties, my friend. Happy Creative New Year. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Susan said...

Love those cards! I really like the way you did the snow on the pine tree - I must try that white puff ep. And the holly sprig image looks completely revitalized with the glittery die cut "merry" on it.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful cards my friend! I adore the one I received from you, thank you! Wishing you a Happy, healthy New year!

Carole said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie, love the dimension on the tree! xx

I Card Everyone said...

An adorable Christmas tree, Bonnie! It's lovely that you are able to custom-size it with those dies! AND you got your snow!
Your CASE of Loll's card is so well done - especially by using her touch of plaid for your star!
Thanks so much for being a wonderful friend to IB! You are being well honored by all the CASEing at IB200!
=]

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous work yet again, Bonnie, Jo x

Bobby said...

That tree is fantastic, Bonnie. I love the dimension and all that snow. Better there than on the ground. ;) The big bold holly is equally as fantastic.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties, Bonnie - especially love the puffy white on the tree on card one and the yummy plaid on card two! Great upcycle on your calendar panel too!!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous layering effect on the first and a fun nod to the plaid with the button star x Such a beautiful second card with great stamping Bonnie and wonderful upcycling x.

Sandy said...

Boy you are really up and at em - don't you want to rest a bit?
The snow covered layered tree with the embossed background looks great! I have some of that puffy embossing powder but have not tried it yet.
My favorite make has to be the holly card. I love the water coloring and the shade of green looks so good with the red berries. The Merry Christmas is perfect! So you are getting ready for Christmas 2022! Well they say that the early bird gets the worm.
Happy New Year Bonnie!!
Sandy xx

Christine Alexander said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie, love your 3D tree with such beautiful dimension and the holly leaf is on of my favourite PB stamps. I need to pull that out :)

Pat said...

A beautiful layered tree with the dimensional snow on the branches Bonnie, and I love the star button you have used on the top and the falling snow embossed background and it is a wonderful CASEing of Lolls super card. The upcycled calendar page looks great on the second card too and love the added red shimmery twine and the large red glitter paper die cut sentiment. x

TK said...

Beautiful tree die, and a fun button topper! Two great cards, great start on next year's cards

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful cards, love the snowy tree, lovely wreath and love the holly~

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful cards! I adore your snowy Christmas Tree. It is magnificent and majestic! Great attention to detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Lots Of White Challenge. Donna, DT Member Happy New Year!

Diane said...

AA the cards are amazingly beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Double D and Peace On Earth!
Diane DD DT and POE DT {Nellies Nest}

Loll said...

Two fabulous Christmas cards, my friend! Honoured that you were inspired by the greenery and black plaid to create that sweetest snow-covered tree with plaid star. Adorable! Such a great idea to be inspired by your calendar pages to create cards. LOVE this gorgeous holly sprig and teh glittery red merry. xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy New Year! This is definitely a beautiful take on Loll's card. The layered tree is awesome...love this CAS design. Thank you so much for celebrating with us!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous cards, Bonnie! I love your plaid star and how you added texture to the branches with your 'snowy technique' :) I also love your holly and berries with all that fabulous sparkle on the Merry alphas! xx