Sunday, May 29, 2022

Snowflakes

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I had a little snowstorm around here...the fun kind of snow!


I used some embossing folders to create my snow.

I don't have good luck with spritzing the paper before embossing but
I found that if I wipe the inside (both sides) of the embossing folder with a
baby wipe, I get a good impression without warping.

After embossing, I swiped my white ink pad over the raised parts to 
color my snow.

For the first card, I used a NBUS die cut MERRY.



Then I used a different embossing folder.  This one is a 3D.
Same technique but cut it in half so I could get a twofer.


I wish I could say this snow cooled things off.
But it did add to my Christmas stash!


Challenges:
ABC Christmas - K is for Kraft
Christmas Kraft Creations - Two Colors (red & kraft)
Jingle Belles - Masculine Christmas



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  
Ink:   Whisper White (SU)
Paper:   Kraft, Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Snowflake EF (MS), Stacked Merry Die (MFT), Stitched Alpine Snowflake die (PS)


Card Recipe (card 2 & 3)
Stamps:  Botanical Blocks IV (PTI)
Ink:   Whisper White (SU)
Paper:   Kraft, Naturals White (ret. SU), Cherry Cobbler
Other: Winter Snowflakes 3D EF (Szx), Stitched Alpine Snowflake dies (PS), White EP


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

Bobby said...

Perfect job of getting that white ink in just the right spots, Bonnie. Lovely snowflake cards.

nancy littrell said...

Three beautiful kraft and white with a bit of red, Christmas cards, Bonnie. TFS descriptions and tips..especially the baby wipe on the inside of your 3D EB snowflakes folder. Loved how you got Twofer cards for your 2nd and 3rd cards too. I have a NBUS Altenew 3D EB Snowflakes folder I ordered recently...you have me Inspired, my friend. TFS Happy Memorial day weekend too...Love and Hugs...Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, you've found a way to make that work for you and showed us how wonderful it works for you TWICE!
Gosh I love these darling cards - though it's only been a minute since it stopped snowing here. Christmas in May??
You're really getting a jump on things, my friend!
There isn't a color combo for Christmas more wonderful than this kraft/deep red one - it even tops red and aqua maybe!
=]

LeAnne said...

LOVE these! That color combo is delightful and I love the country look you achieved!

Tammy L said...

Firstly I love your color palette. Second I'm really loving that snowflake background, it's really fun and festive. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations and hope to see you again soon. Tammy DT

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful textural cards Bonnie - love the cranberry with the kraft and white. I can never get a 'clean swipe' when I try swiping ink over embossing so I think your work is amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Susan said...

Three great cards for your stash, Bonnie. Love the embossed backgrounds with the white ink swiped over them. And really love that colour combination of the kraft and cherry cobbler.

Carole said...

Great cards Bonnie and your swiping of white is so perfect...now I would have it all over the background! Must try the baby wipe over the embossing folder too. Thanks for the tip.xx

Brenda in IN said...

Love the colors and those big letters for Merry. What a great job you did getting that white ink swiped over the snowflakes! Plus a twofer!

Nstiz said...

Thanks for the tip on getting a good embossing! You achieved such a crisp pattern and I'm more impressed that the white ink pad is so vivid and didn't smear up the background. That will never happened here. These are fantastic, Bonnie and love the white on kraft!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous cards, Bonnie. Thanks for the tip...and you've done a fantastic job getting the white just so.

Brenda said...

Now this is my kind of snowstorm Bonnie! lol I love the first snowstorm card, it is so pretty and what a great tip about using a baby wipe to wipe the inside of the embossing folder with. I don't like spritzing the paper either, I either get to much or not enough. I love your idea and will have to try it! Your next two cards are equally as pretty, although the first one is still my favorite. Having a heat way here as well, first one of the season. I'm sure you have had lots by now! Glad you were able to add to the Christmas card stash! Hugs, Brenda

Lisa Elton said...

You worked your usual magic, Bonnie! These are the kind of snowflakes I can handle and they are all kinds of pretty!

lauren bergold said...

Oooooooh! These are so wonderful and I love the snowy backgrounds especially! (I'm totally trying the e/f + white ink idea!!!) So pleased you could join our Masculine Merry Xmas fun at Jingle Belles!

Francesca said...

Fabulous cards! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

Pat said...

Both embossing folders look great Bonnie and swiped with the white ink on kraft is a pretty look. Love the added snowflakes and red card for the sentiments to finish too. x

Leslie Miller said...

Definitely the good kind of snow! I made a note of your great tip about baby wipes and embossing folders. Thank you! Pretty cards and good progress!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love this kind of snowstorm, Bonnie! :-) All three cards are pretty! The white ink on the embossed snowflakes, the kraft panel, and the dark red accents are such a lovely color combo.
Thanks for sharing the useful tip!
Hideko xx

TK said...

Classy and pretty!

BożenA said...

The effect of rubbing the embossing with white ink gave such amazing effects! I love how the snowflakes rise from the background thanks to this. The combination of kraft paper with white and red looks great.
xx