Monday, July 27, 2026

Sunflower Birthday

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Another new week.  I hope you had a lovely weekend with some crafty time.

I had a play with some new to me ink and paper.


I die cut Sunflower Serenade from Neenah Solar white and used 
Buttercup ink from Concord & 9th to add color to the petals.
I am really happy with the color and how it blends.

I used their Eucalyptus and Rainforest ink for the leaves and to stamp
the sentiment and was happy with how the ink works with stamps too.

The base of the card and outer circle were cut from Buttercup cardstock.

The inner circle is new to me too and Jen's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches
gave me the perfect opportunity to try it out.

What's your favorite kind of ink?

Challenges:
Freshly Made Sketches #746 - See sketch below
NBUS #88 Mutual Appreciation Challenge- Never Before Used Schtuff - Decorative Circle die
Seize the Birthday #331 - Square Card & Not White Base (or ATG Birthday)

 



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Many Everyday Messages (HA)
Ink:   Buttercup, Eucalyptus, Rainforest (C9), Early Espresso (SU)
Paper:   Buttercup (C9), Milk Chocolate (MFT), Neenah Solar White
Other:  Sunflower Serenade dies (SB), Spotlight on Nature die SU), Infinity Circle die (HA), Burlap EF (HB)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Such a happy Happy Birthday card. Beautiful painting, red and yellow are such pretty colors together. Great design too - It is always exciting when one receives a unique card.
Sandy xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card in that Buttercup color. The sunflower is shaded so pretty. A lovely, lovely card Bonnie. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore that precious little sunflower, Bonnie! Isn't she just perfect planted within your lovely circle? That little ladybug is becoming your signature, my friend! Adorable!
I'm loving the way you've interpreted Jen's sketch - thank so much for playing cards with us!
=]

Bobby said...

You and your new inks make a lovely card, Bonnie. The soft colors on the sunflower are so pretty and the new circle die worked its magic as a place to display it.

Darnell said...

Another perfect take on the sketch, Bon! I love the blending on your sunflower and the wee ladybug! You've brought sunshine to all of Blogland! Thanks for linking again to NBUS!

I'm a big fan of Catherine Pooler, but I notice when I stencil (on Bristol) that sometimes the ink is a little mottled. The pads have all been reinked, so I don't know if it's the pads getting old or if it's my dirty brushes. I have a couple of unused brushes, so I could test that theory out! (I'd say, "Note to self," but that's like saying "Note to wastebasket!") Hugs, Dolly

TK said...

Beautiful! Love those inks and the sunflower, Bonnie. And of course, it works perfectly for the sketch

Marcia Hill said...

With yellow being my favorite color, this card totally stood out to me Bonnie! That Buttercup ink is such a pretty color, and I do like C&9 inks and their coordinating cs too! Love your inner circle die too, and I even have it but don't think I've ever used it...good grief! (I will rectify that!!) Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

BożenA said...

The color of your sunflowers is simply amazing! I love how you colored the petals. They're so delicate, and the shading gives them extra dimension; they're not flat, they look so natural. Your new circle die perfectly showcased the flowers, and the card panel enhanced the joyful message. Brilliant design, my dear.
hugs,
BożenA xx

Bunny said...

Bonnie's beautiful buttercup colored birthday bloom. That was a lot of B's. It really is lovely. My favorite inks are Distress Oxide inks on watercolor paper. I'm not very good at using dye inks to blend. [Bunny]

Susan B said...

Such a happy summery card! Love the shade of yellow you chose and the great card design!

LeAnne said...

I love your pretty sunflower, Bonnie! Makes for a happy, sunshiney card!

Leslie Miller said...

You know how I feel about yellow, and this card has got it going on! The sunflower with circle is ideal for the sketch and so pretty! As for the inks, like it or not I keep on using SU because I have 80 pads and reinkers as well as the storage units that keep them on display right in front of me. I have a lot of oxide inks and others, but they're not as handy in my smallish space. I'll have to make a point of pulling them out.

Linda said...

Bonnie, this is so beautiful. Love your sunflower. So many lovely elements on your card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Jen Timko said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love that sunflower so much. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

kiwimeskreations said...

A delightful card Bonnie - love how you used the sketch for inspiration for this beauty
Blessings
Maxine