Hi there. I'm so glad you stopped by!
I found an envelope with some fun crab die cuts that a sweet friend had
shared with me some time ago and they became my fun for this week.
No challenges, just fun to create.
I also found this fun border that was perfect to put one of the small crabs in.
I used a new to me technique that I'd seen on Leslie's blog. We adhered a piece of
vellum to colored cardstock with a double sided sticky sheet and then embossed.
It makes such a dreamy background!
For the second card, I used a technique that I'd seen on Michele's blog.
We scrunched up a piece of wax paper. Really scrunched it up into a tiny little
wrinkled ball. Then we flattened it back out and put it between 2 pieces of
white cardstock. After covering it with a piece of copy paper to protect the iron
from any bit sticking out, we pressed it good with a hot, dry iron.
It didn't look any different to me until I started brushing some Distress Ink
over top. It's like magic and doesn't it make a nice background? This
waving crab thinks so.
Lastly, I used a favorite embossing technique. After embossing the kraft piece,
I patted over top with a full size white pigment inkpad. It's important to keep the
pad even so it only touches the raised parts.
I computer generated the sentiment.
That's it for me today. I hope you have a crab-ulous weekend!
Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps: Seahorse Garden (SB)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Real Red, Glacier (SB), Thin Vellum, Neenah Solar Whitet
Other: Seashell Frame SEt (WF), Happy Crabs dies (WF), So Swirly EF (SU), Double Sided Sticky Sheet (S.C), White Gel Pen, Googly eyes
Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps: Sentiment Strips (Alt)
Ink: Prize Ribbon (DI), Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Paper: Real Red, Neenah Solar White
Other: Wax Paper & Iron, Happy Crabs dies (WF), Splatter Stencil (KC), Mirrored Arch Labels dies (SB), So Swirly EF (SU), White EP, Googly eyes
Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Paper: Real Red, Neenah Desert Storm, Neenah Solar White
Other: Happy Crabs dies (WF), Seabed EF (SU), Stitched Circle Die (SSS), Splatter Stencil (KC), White Gel Pen, Googly eyes
If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.
To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.
Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!




9 comments:
You did have a FUN play day with those crabs Bonnie and each card is wonderful!! I really love the googly eyes!! And I really need to try that background technique with the vellum...it turned out perfect for your ocean scene! Love the crumpled wax paper background and the white over kraft background too. Seriously CUTE cards Bonnie!! Hugs. :0)
Lots of fun techniques and three darling crabby cards, Bonnie! Have a fun weekend!
=]
The embossed background does look pretty good. YUM! I love crab legs!
Sandy xx
I think I need to take a cue from you and have a day crafting just for fun, Bonnie. It usually takes a challenge to motivate me but I have so many techniques, including the ones you used, that I want to play with. Having the crabs as your inspiration you made three wonderful cards, my friend. I got a chuckle out of your computer generated sentiment but I don't believe a word of it.
These are so FUN! Glad you had a fun day to play with them. I kept smiling as I scrolled down to see each one. Really love the blue background on the 2nd one, and the third one too. :) Have a great weekend. Hope the weather there is good for you.
These are so cute and fun. It's nice to just play and enjoy.
You pulled out all the techniques and had a lot of FUN, both for yourself and made some for us too! Great cards with different looks and so cute
Three cards with the same motif, yet so different. I love every technique you used to create all the backgrounds. What a wonderful inspiration, you showed such diversity. Looking at these cards, I'm sure you had a great time.
hugs,
BożenA xx
I just love the crabs and, oh, my gosh the seashell frame! All of your backgrounds are super pretty. It's fun that you tried the vellum idea. I like the sticky sheets as a way to invisibly adhere. The wax paper technique is so cool, too. And easy! Your piece here reminds me of the frosty ice on a window and I'm thinking it would be nice on a Christmas card. Your third with the white ink is my all-time favorite for embossing folders. The white ink makes everything prettier! Thanks for sharing these fun cards, Bonnie!
Post a Comment