Saturday, December 26, 2009

Big Red Flower

I wasn't even going to look at the challenges this week but I was weak. I just had to take a peek. That got my mind to running and before I knew it I had an idea that I couldn't shake. Fortunately I had all the shopping, wrapping and baking done. This was originally going to have a bird on it. The bird flew to a different card. I'll post that later.


This was for 2 challenges. The CAS challenge was a sketch inspiration by "Itecler". The second challenge was to make a card using Sahara Sand, Crushed Curry & Real Red. These challenges are good for showing me different color combos that I would probably never come up with on my own. I really like the Crushed Curry & Real Red together and Sahara Sand is a great neutral. I was going to try to make a ladybug with punches, but this was in my box of treasures and just waiting to "crawl" onto the card. I used a stamp set and the border punch from the Sale-A-Bration catty that you should be receiving any day. We are going to be having lots of fun with this stuff!

Recipe:

Stamps: Vintage Labels (Sale-A-Bration p. 4)

Paper: Sahara Sand, Real Red, Crushed Curry

Ink: Crushed Curry

Acc: Scallop Trim Border Punch (Sale-A-Bration p.9), Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, Big Shot, Flowers Daisies 2 & Punched Scallop Circle dies, Buttons & Ladybug brad from who knows where?

First I punched the daisies with the Big Shot out of Real Red. I used 2 large & 2 medium flowers. Still using the Big Shot, I punched the Scallop Circle from the Birds & Blooms Sizzlit set using Crushed Curry card stock. I stamped the Vintage Label Circle (it's a new clear mount stamp and just wait to you see these!) on the Scallop Circle. I didn't even use the Stamp-a-ma-jig! It's easier to see where you are stamping with the clear mount or maybe it was just a lucky guess. LOL. It makes a lovely center for the daisy. I punched the edge of the Sahara Sand with the Scallop Border punch and cut a 1 1/8 " x 5 1/2" piece of real red. I punched that on one end too and adhered it behind the scallops on the front of the card. Be careful where you put the adhesive. I learned that the hard way! The card in 5 1/2 x 5 1/2. I haven't made many square cards because they take extra postage but they can be sent in extra large envelopes for regular postage. You may want to line the envelope with some decorative paper. It will make it real klassy, I mean classy.

I can't wait to share the next card that I made with the cast offs from this one. I really like it better but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for it.
Enjoy,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 28. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Carey said...

I am here because of the LNS blog finds of the day. You card is darling and has inspired me too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy