Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh! Oh! Christmas Tree

Our Christmas tree is up and decorated but let me tell you it wasn't easy! You know that we moved a few months ago. I was really pleased with how the decorating was going. The house feels more like home all the time and the Christmas decorations made it even homier. We were all set to put up the tree on Sunday. A few years ago we decided that to preserve our marriage we would get a tree with the lights already strung on it. I no longer dread the Christmas Tree part of decorating! We got the box down from the attic and began pulling it out of the box, which I commented had closed so nicely this time. Well, there was a good reason for it. Only 2 of the 3 pieces were in the box! The top was in a bag in the attic of the old house in Roanoke Rapids. My design savvy husband thought that we could manage with what we had but then he was the one that brought the tree to Cary without the top. I really, really wanted the top section. Soooo, we spent Sunday afternoon and evening going up and down the Interstate so that our tree parts could be reunited.

I just finished decorating it. I'd take a picture to show you but I'm way too tired so, here's a Christmas tree card.



I made the card using the Lovely as a Tree stamp with Always Artichoke & Whisper White card stock and Always Artichoke ink. I colored the pine sprigs with Always Artichoke and Close to Cocoa markers. I colored the trunk and some of the branches with the Cocoa marker too. The Merry Christmas was inked with Real Red and punched with the scallop oval punch. I inked the edges with Artichoke and used the Red marker to put a little dot in each scallop. It's popped up with dimensionals.

Happy Decorating!
Bonnie

No comments: