Wednesday, February 16, 2011

CASEing Myself


I used this layout for the One Layer Wednesday challenge last week and I guess I kinda got stuck on it!  You can check out by scrolling down to last Friday's post.  I really like that one better than this.


This week the Less is More Challenge is a ONE LAYER CARD with the theme of a FLOWER or a TREE.

The definition of a One Layer Card is; One piece of card folded in half with no additional layers and minimal embellishments, where the image is stamped directly onto the cardstock.


I used the colors from the SCS Color Challenge this week to use Wild Wasabi, So Saffron & Pacific Point


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Greenhouse Garden, Nature Walk, Apple Blossoms
Ink:  Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, SU Markers (So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point)
Paper:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, Generic Paper Punch, Color Spritzer Tool

I've got to admit that this is not my favorite card.  I'm not sure if it's the placement of the elements, the colors or what.  It's just doesn't zing!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

8 comments:

KatheD said...

ok, i looked at your previous card, too, now i can't decide for sure, but i'm thinking i like this one better - i like the speckled background

Emily Keaton said...

I can identify with you, Bonnie. I made a card today after lots and lots of experimenting and I didn't feel much for it by the time I was done, too. Yup, no zing for me either. But I guess that's just part of the journey, right? I'll bet you learned something from making your zing-less card today. I know I did. :)

Anke said...

Wonderful card Bonnie

Chrissie said...

Hi Bonnie it's great to see another submission from you in our challenge.
I've been looking at your card trying to work out why you think it doesn't 'zing'! If you follow the line of the stem and imagine where it would meet the flower head... it looks as though it misses, which makes the flower head look a little out on a limb.I don't know if that interrupts the flow of the card... not sure, however the more I look at it the more I think this may be a factor. Do you use a Stampamajig?
Thanks for sharing this card, we really appreciate your participation Bonnie and hope to see you again next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Thank you for joining us Bonnie
That is a wonderful SU set. Maybe you preferred the pink of the other one
They are both equally balance and pretty

We much appreciate your participation
mandi
"Less is More

Sarn said...

Lovely CAS card.
Hugs, Sandra

Lynne said...

Very pretty card.
Lynne xxx

Susan said...

I don't know Bonnie...I really LOVE the colors on this...and hey, if a design works...do it again! Lovely card!