Friday, February 10, 2012

Aqua

This week's  Less is More challenge was....

For our first Anniversary we are back to a repeat of our inaugural challenge which for the first
Saturday of the month is colour...and this time we have chosen
AQUA


Here's the first card I did.


When I first read the challenge, I thought butterflies and this is my go to butterfly right now.  It's also a Sale-a-bration selection (free with a $50.00 order).

I colored 2 of the largest butterflies so I could cut one out and have him fluttering.  All of the butterflies were colored by swiping the marker on a clear block and picking up the color with a blender pen.

The next card will look familiar.  It's the same layout as yesterday's card.  I love this versatile layout.


I thought about adding a flower, but the "Less is More" stopped me.

Did you notice the edges on the white band?  I used another of the Adorning Accents Edgelits and the embossing folder that goes with it.  It's the first time I used it and it won't be my last. I love those scallops!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Kindness Matters, Short and Sweet
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Marker (Baja Breeze)
Paper:  Naturals White, Baja Breeze
Other:  Blender Pen, Simply Scored

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Curly Cute
Ink:  Baja Breeze
Paper:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Other:  Big Shot, Adorning Accents Edgelit, Adorning Accents and Finial Press EF, Baja Breeze Seam Binding

Whew!  I almost didn't make the entry time for this challenge.

I'm glad I could post it in time and glad  you stopped by.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Rita W said...

I love both of these, Bonnie! I just got Kindness Matters and can't wait to play with it.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful cards - both of them. Love the embossing folder used on the second. Elizabeth x

Lynne said...

Two fabulous cards Bonnie but the second one just has the edge for me.Love the embossing and the scallops are gorgeous.
Lynne xxx

Emily Keaton said...

These are absolutely beautiful, Bonnie!! I just love that shade of aqua. :)

Karen Petitt said...

Both are fantastic cards Bonnie! I adore the first one more - I love butterfly stamps, unfortunately I freak out if they flutter around me hugs Karen x

Chrissie said...

Wow Bonnie, these are gorgeous the second one is simply stunning, it really rocks.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO beautiful Bonnie, my you have been busy in the last day or so, fabulous cards ALL of them.

Jenny said...

I just love the butterfly study....so realistic like a page from an encyclopaedia!
The second card is really pretty, the picot edge to the band is gorgeous :0)
Jenny x

kingstonmama said...

Both of your cards for the aqua challenge are beautiful! I especially love those butterflies. :) Ann

Benzi said...

Fabulous, Bonnie. I absolutely love the colors on these cards. Those edgelits aer so pretty.

Aileen said...

Two lovely cards but i really like the framed butterflies. x

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, I loved the butterflies so much I just had to CASE it. Thanks for the great inspiration.