Monday, March 22, 2010

White Camelia

Hello Friends,

Over the weekend we were in Roanoke Rapids still working on getting the house on the market. My camelia bush is in full bloom and it is beautiful! The flower on this card reminds me of a camelia.

The flower is really quite simple. I put a link to a blog with directions on March 3. You can scroll down and use that link for a really good tutorial or you can read on and I'll give you the short & sweet version.

Cut 2 sets of the flowers from cardstock with the SU Birds & Blooms Sizzlit set and the Big Shot. (The large one is on one die and the smaller 2 on on another.) Fold all the flowers in half, in half again and in half again and unfold. Use the bone folder to curl the petals of all the flowers and separate the layers. (If the layers don't want to separate, curl them a little more.) Once all the flowers are done, adhere them in the middle. I used 2 large, then 2 medium and 2 small flowers alternating the petals to make it look fuller. I just used the Summer Sun SU Marker to color the center but you could easily use brads or micro beads. If you don't have a Big Shot, you can order one from me or use the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch from the Occasions Mini (p. 10) or any large flower punch. I've tried flowers done with the scallop circle punch too, but I didn't like them as much. If all else fails, you can come to see me. My Big Guy is sitting on the edge of the table ready to work. (The Big Shot, not the husband, LOL)

I don't know if you can tell or not, but the yellow background of the card is embossed with the swirlly Texturz Plate from the Backgrounds 1, again using the Big Guy. The punched square is 2 1/4" square and punched using both of the Scallop Trim punches.

Card Recipe
No Stamps
Paper: Whisper White, YoYo Yellow
Ink: Summer Sun Stampin' Write Marker
Acc.: Big Shot, Sizzlit die, Texturz plate, Scallop Trim Corner & Border punches.

Hope this brings a smile to your face as my camelia did over the weekend.

Happy Stampin', I mean Punchin',

Bonnie

No comments: